* Looking back on 2015
At the end of our first year at the Michael Chekhov School we are looking back at what was possible, thanks to the help and support of many people in the community:
* The actors who joined us for the school's journey: Camille, Colleen, Kyle, Dorothea, Gabriel, K.D., Peggy, Val, Travis, Gabriela, Danielle, Berda, James
* Jessica Cerullo and Joanna Merlin, who both generously joined our school for several sessions and contributed their teaching
* Martin D. Anderson, who shared his expertise and filmed several sessions
* Eddie Marritz, who came up to Hudson for an amazing photo session
* Dave Schulz for the awesome ad in American Theatre Magazine's January 2016 edition
* Bernadette Wintsch-Heinen from Zürich, who participated as an observer in the fall session and shared her reflections in an essay
* Broadway legend and Tony-award-winner Dick Latessa, who joined the school for a conversation about his life's work
* Solaris in Hudson, which has become the home of our school
* and the friends of The Actors' Ensemble
who all helped make this school a reality!
* Imaginations for 2016
In March 2016 we are offering 3 Weekend Immersions as an introduction to the Michael Chekhov School. It is our intention to give actors and theater practitioners an immersive and affordable time and space to intensively explore this unique approach. Participants will be able to stay in a nearby Bed & Breakfast within walking distance from the school. During morning and afternoon sessions we will be working on our feet to follow Michael Chekhov's suggestions as they relate to gesture, image and sensation. Each weekend can be booked separately or as a connected series of three workshops.
Dates are: March 5th/ 6th and March 11th/ 12th and March 18th/ 19th.
Tuition for each weekend is $350 and includes accommodation.
For more information & to apply, visit our website.
SUMMER at MICHA
In the Summer of 2016, a small group of actors will join the Michael Chekhov School. The summer session is 4 weeks long; and we are excited that for the last week our summer-group will share some of the work during a residency at MICHA's 2016 Summer Workshop & Festival in New London, CT.
FALL: NEW 1-YEAR-PROGRAM
In the fall of 2016 our new one-year-program is starting, with sessions in
We are now accepting applications.
* A view into the Past
The film LINEAGE and LEGACY is telling the story of the development of Michael Chekhov's Acting Technique as experienced by Ted Pugh. In an 18-minute interview with Ragnar he is speaking about Michael Chekhov and Dartington Hall, about Beatrice Straight, about his time teaching at the original Michael Chekhov Studio in NYC and about working with the Dartington Ladies. You can watch the film for free by clicking on the video link "Lineage and Legacy" to the right.
In our November Newsletter we had featured a 12-min video of a conversation with Joanna Merlin about her time with Michael Chekhov. If you missed the video and would like to see it, you can click on the link to the right "Working with Michael Chekhov".