Tom & Karen Comstock and Shawn Gustafson, Co-chairs.
Thanks to all who prayed at Planned Parenthood, March 20th, for the lives of the unborn, their parents, and all those involved in the taking of innocent lives. We want to share the message of help, hope and God’s infinite mercy, which he offers each and everyone of us. We had 33 parishioners participate at the clinic and many prayed at home.
So quick to do!
Call or email your TX State Rep. Ask to support:
The USCCB and the Vatican have deemed the receipt of the COVID-19 vaccines morally permissible for Catholics, despite a connection to cell lines taken from aborted children in the creation or testing of those vaccines.
While the Church considers it permissible to take these vaccines, it also requests that the faithful object to the use of unethical vaccine sources and request that ethically-sourced products be made available in the future.
To facilitate these objections, the USCCB has provided letters directed to each of the pharmaceutical companies that have created a COVID vaccine.
The recently-approved Johnson & Johnson vaccine has a closer connection to abortion than do the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Where possible, a Catholic should opt for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines if the choice is available.
Thank you Maribel and Sandee!!
Two St. Max RL teammates are partnering with Prince of Peace Church to help moms in need.
Interested in helping too?
You are invited to join the Prince of Peace Church group as a St. Max helper.
PoP is currently helping expectant mothers in St. Max's zip codes. They need our help with various activities, such as:
- collecting baby donations,
- making "welcome baby trunks",
- working in the storage space to organize materials,
- shop for items with church donations,
- help with fundraisers,
- shadow a PoP volunteer as they give pregnant moms spiritual & material help and friendship.
My pro-life gynecologist, here in Houston, shared with me that she saved 3 babies' lives: Two women took the abortion pill, regretted it, and called her. She treated them and saved their children. She saved a third life when a women regretted her later termed abortion and removed the
YEAR AT A GLANCE See monthly e-newsletters and bulletins for latest dates of the events below.
CULTURE OF LIFE ROSARY TEMPORARILY POSTPONED DUE TO COVID. We are looking for someone who could lead this for us. Please continue to pray this rosary at home. Rosary Pamphlet available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. (formerly Sundays at 11:25 AM, in the church pews nearest the choir, for a Culture of Life, our families, our nation, and the world)
ST MAX Major & Mini PRAYER DAYS: At 4600 Gulf Freeway.
1. MAJOR PRAYER DAYS: 2X PER YEAR: St. Max chooses a day to pray in conjunction with the semi-annual “40 Days for Life” International Campaigns. Pray outside the abortion facility or at home. These campaigns are co-sponsored by our Archdiocese. Different churches, from varied denominations, organize groups to pray on different days during these 40-day campaigns. The first campaign is held during every lent, and the 2nd campaign begins the 4th Wednesday of Sept. We usually pray in shifts from 7am–3pm. Visit www.40daysforlife.com.
2. MINI PRAYER DAYS: 4X PER YEAR: (Not a 40-Days event.) St. Max parishioners and friends pray every other month from 7am – 1pm, outside Planned Parenthood. Come out for one or more hours on those days, and spread the word to others about this life saving effort.
1. MINI PRAYER DAY at PP, 7AM -1PM. Come for 1 or 2 hours.
2. DIGITAL 9 DAY NOVENA:Annually sponsored by U.S. Catholic Bishops. Pray, at home, in car, on lunch break, for the respect and protection of all human life, with new intentions, brief reflections, and an action suggestion. Sign up online to receive 9 days of emails or text messages. (My favorite is to receive texts.) Join at www.9daysforlife.org.
3. ANNUAL ADORATION EVENT IN OBSERVANCE OF LEGALIZATION OF ABORTION:
In St. Max Church from 7-10 pm. Jan. 22nd is the anniversary of Roe v Wade which legalized abortion in the U.S. approximately 800,000 children's lives are aborted annually in the U.S.
3. 2021 event cancelled due to pandemic. ANNUAL "TEXAS RALLY FOR LIFE" IN AUSTIN: (In past years we joined Prince of Peace Church on a chartered bus for the annual peaceful march. Depart POP at 7:00 am and attend 10:00 am Mass at a Houston church. Then, 12 – 3 pm is the “March for Life” followed by the “Rally for Life” at the Capital. Cash or check for luxury bus. Bring a sack lunch & enough money for an early dinner at great BBQ place. Arrive back at Prince of Peace about 7pm.)
1. HOUSTON COALITION FOR LIFE ANNUAL BANQUET FUNDRAISER– We usually have 2 or 3 tables: K of C usually donates the purchase of one of these tables. We offer free tickets to clergy and K of C members.
MAY: 1.MINI PRAYER DAY AT PP 7AM -1PM, 1 - 2 hour shifts. 2. Rotate these activities. Choose one: Baby Gift Drive, Spiritual Adoption Card, or Baby Bottle Fundraiser.