1. Call your STATE Representative and Say, "PleaseSUPPORT SB 394 which gives safety protocols for chemical abortions." If you live in 77064 & 77065, your Rep is probably Jon Rosenthal, 512-463-0722, and he needs our calls.
2. Call your STATE Senator and Say, "Please OPPOSE SB 917 which would greatly harm patients at the end of life, and SUPPORT HB 1280 the Human Life Protection Act, and other priority, pro-life bills!"
While the Church considers it permissible to take the COVID-19 vaccines, it also requests that the faithful object to the use of unethical vaccine sources and request that ethically-sourced products be made available in the future.
The USCCB has provided letters directed to each of the pharmaceutical companies that have created a COVID vaccine.
The recently-approved Johnson & Johnson vaccine has a closer connection to abortion than do the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Where possible, a Catholic should opt for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines if the choice is available.
ST MAX NOW PARTNERING WITH
PRINCE OF PEACE CHURCH
PoP is currently helping expectant mothers in St. Max's zip codes we have 2 St Max volunteers now helping them. Please contact Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- collecting baby donations,
- making "welcome baby trunks",
- working in the storage space to organize materials,
- shop for items with church donations,
- help with fundraisers,
- shadow a PoP volunteer as they give pregnant moms spiritual & material help and friendship.
My pro-life gynecologist, here in Houston, shared with me that she saved 3 babies' lives: Two women took the abortion pill, regretted it, and called her. She treated them and saved their children. She saved a third life when a women regretted her later termed abortion and removed the
YEAR AT A GLANCE See monthly e-newsletters and bulletins for latest dates of the events below.
CULTURE OF LIFE ROSARY TEMPORARILY POSTPONED DUE TO COVID. We are looking for someone who could lead this for us. Please continue to pray this rosary at home. Rosary Pamphlet available upon request. Email email@example.com. (formerly Sundays at 11:25 AM, in the church pews nearest the choir, for a Culture of Life, our families, our nation, and the world)
ST MAX Major & Mini PRAYER DAYS: At 4600 Gulf Freeway.
1. MAJOR PRAYER DAYS: 2X PER YEAR: St. Max chooses a day to pray in conjunction with the semi-annual “40 Days for Life” International Campaigns. Pray outside the abortion facility or at home. These campaigns are co-sponsored by our Archdiocese. Different churches, from varied denominations, organize groups to pray on different days during these 40-day campaigns. The first campaign is held during every lent, and the 2nd campaign begins the 4th Wednesday of Sept. We usually pray in shifts from 7am–3pm. Visit www.40daysforlife.com.
2. MINI PRAYER DAYS: 4X PER YEAR: (Not a 40-Days event.) St. Max parishioners and friends pray every other month from 7am – 1pm, outside Planned Parenthood. Come out for one or more hours on those days, and spread the word to others about this life saving effort.
1. MINI PRAYER DAY at PP, 7AM -1PM. Come for 1 or 2 hours.
2. DIGITAL 9 DAY NOVENA:Annually sponsored by U.S. Catholic Bishops. Pray, at home, in car, on lunch break, for the respect and protection of all human life, with new intentions, brief reflections, and an action suggestion. Sign up online to receive 9 days of emails or text messages. (My favorite is to receive texts.) Join at www.9daysforlife.org.
3. ANNUAL ADORATION EVENT IN OBSERVANCE OF LEGALIZATION OF ABORTION:
In St. Max Church from 7-10 pm. Jan. 22nd is the anniversary of Roe v Wade which legalized abortion in the U.S. approximately 800,000 children's lives are aborted annually in the U.S.
3. 2021 event cancelled due to pandemic. ANNUAL "TEXAS RALLY FOR LIFE" IN AUSTIN: (In past years we joined Prince of Peace Church on a chartered bus for the annual peaceful march. Depart POP at 7:00 am and attend 10:00 am Mass at a Houston church. Then, 12 – 3 pm is the “March for Life” followed by the “Rally for Life” at the Capital. Cash or check for luxury bus. Bring a sack lunch & enough money for an early dinner at great BBQ place. Arrive back at Prince of Peace about 7pm.)
1. HOUSTON COALITION FOR LIFE ANNUAL BANQUET FUNDRAISER– We usually have 2 or 3 tables: K of C usually donates the purchase of one of these tables. We offer free tickets to clergy and K of C members.
MAY: 1.MINI PRAYER DAY AT PP 7AM -1PM, 1 - 2 hour shifts. 2. Rotate these activities. Choose one: Baby Gift Drive, Spiritual Adoption Card, or Baby Bottle Fundraiser.