|How are you?
Times are tough…Like many of you, I am trying to balance work with at home school while also trying to go for a walk outside whenever possible (come on spring – where are you?!).
We’ve been working from home for over a month now and our team has settled in to each of our own WFH environments. You can check out our new "offices" here.
We thought it would be fun to see your work from home environment!
Email me a picture of you, working from home (bonus points for including your animals or WFYI in some way). If you would also include your name, company and answer these 3 questions…we want to highligt our sponsors on social media.
- What are you watching, listening to or reading right now?
- How are you consuming / relying on WFYI right now?
- Where have you found happy moments lately?
About WFYI Educational Initiatives...
WFYI is Providing Critical Resources in Critical Times
In collaboration with The Indiana Department of Education, statewide Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations and PBS Stations across the country, WFYI has created a suite of at-home learning resources for K-12 students, aligned to Indiana curriculum standards.
PBS KIDS content that addresses essential skills in STEM, Literacy and Social & Emotional Development and it is all free, which means that it serves all children and families in central Indiana, regardless of income.
I hope that these resources can help you or someone you know navigate schooling from home!
- EDUCATIONAL PBS PROGRAMMING: On-air broadcast of educational programming aligned with Indiana curriculum standards and include printable episode discussion guides and conversation cards.
- PBS LEARNING MEDIA: Free, Indiana standards-aligned resources contextualized for educational use. The resources include grab-and-go activities, lesson plans, interactive lessons, and media that illustrate specific topics or themes, and support materials across multiple subjects.
- PBS PARENTS: Provides information, activities and tips for parents and caregivers for children age 2-8.
- WFYI’S BRIGHT BY TEXT: Free text program that combines child development tips, activities, and other information sent direct to parents and other adults who care for children from the third trimester of pregnancy through birth to age five.
- All resources can be found at: wfyi.org/athome
I also hope that WFYI is helping you - by keeping you informed....and by providing that much-needed mental escape!
If you need anything, please get in touch!