|Through God’s faithful provision, both Patti are presently involved in some frontline peacemaking opportunities and solicit your prayers for us.
Patti’s ministry, over the next 3 days (Thursday through Saturday, Oct 6-8), will involve training in conflict prevention as she will be doing 2 Relational Wisdom Seminars in the Dayton, Oh area: one to a business on Thursday and then in an area church on Friday night and Saturday. Here are some specific prayer targets for Patti:
A centerpiece of my present ministry over the past 2 weeks (and likely extending for another month or so) involves a conflict intervention for a staff and elder board team of a church in the mid-Michigan area. This church, both historically and presently, has had a strong disciple-making philosophy along with a strategic process and intentionality to carry it out. In many respects, they would qualify as a shining example of an intentional disciple-making church, except for one thing - which is the main thing: the declining health of its internal relationships. They have simply not known how to handle or respond to conflict well and significant division and mistrust has resulted. My initial meetings have gone well due to the humble, teachable responses of those with whom I’ve recently engaged. However, the larger and more challenging engagements lie ahead – especially next week. Please pray:
- For physical health and stamina. She has been struggling with a cold for over a week and still has sporadic pain with her sciatic nerve issues
- For wisdom and clarity in presenting the Gospel on Thursday. The seminar will be in a secular workplace setting (35 employees) with an owner who is a strong Christ-follower.
- For the seminars themselves: for a freedom in her spirit as she teaches; for God’s spiritual protection; for a good understanding and personal application by the participants of the truths presented; for significant eternal fruit to be birthed by God’s Spirit through each of these seminars
Over recent months, God has also been expanding our borders to influence and train church leaders in developing disciple-making cultures. As an example, we just completed a 5 month, targeted training of 13 leaders in one of our main churches in the Traverse City area. This particular group has been beyond amazing for us to come-alongside because of their teachability; their transparency; and the evident transformation taking place in so many of their lives.
- For relational breakthroughs – for leaders to appropriately seek and extend forgiveness for past relational wounding. Pray that they would ‘drop to their heart’ to hear well the hearts and hurts of those they have wronged (Phil. 2:1-4)
- For understanding, wisdom and courage in how to “speak truth in love” one to another in ways that are relationally constructive, not condemning (Eph. 4:15)
- For wisdom for me as I teach on and facilitate peace-making with the broader elder board and leader teams.
- And, most importantly, for spiritual protection (Matt. 16:18; Phil. 2:1-4)
Thank you so much for ‘coming alongside’ us in prayer as we seek to come alongside others.
Grateful to God for each of you,
1079 Jayrogers Ct . • Traverse City, MI 49696 • 231-929-1079 • email@example.com