Task Force Members,
Please find below a list of event announcements shared at our monthly meeting.
- Saturday, September 5 (5pm-10pm): "UNITED WE BALL" -- Sponsored by the Trenton Council of Civic Associations, United We Ball is a community-building evening of sports and activities in Cadwalader Park. The event will bring together community members, social organizations, law enforcement officers, and firefighters to have fun and engage together. More information on Facebook.
- Tuesday, September 22: "CAMPAIGN TO END THE NEW JIM CROW: MONTHLY MEETING" -- CENJC Trenton will host its monthly meeting on the fourth Tuesday of the month. Interested individuals should contact chapter chair Barbara Flythe for details.
- Wednesday, September 30 (all day): "BUILDING TRUST: STRATEGIES TO STRENGTHEN POLICE/COMMUNITY RELATIONS" -- The Acting Attorney General and the U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey will be co-hosting a forum at the Trenton War Memorial. The all-day event will focus on the need for collaboration between law enforcement and the ocmmunities they serve. A keynote address will be delivered by Vanita Gupta, who leads the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division and panel discussions will focuso n community policing strategies, community feedback on policing policies, and how incidences of police misconduct are investigated. Lunch will be provided on site. REGISTER HERE.
- Tuesday, October 6 - Wednesday, October 7 (save the date): "MASS INCARCERATION WEEK AT TCNJ" -- The College of New Jersey will host a series of events pertaining to mass incarceration and reentry, including a display of the Campaign to End the New Jim Crow's solitary confinement cell. More details to follow. Interested individuals should contact Connie Goddard. For anyone who provides services or resources for reentry individuals, a TCNJ student is creating a resource manuals. If you would like to be featured, please send Emily Adcock a brief (20-30 word) description of your organization, a phone number, and a link to your website.
- October - TBD: "2ND ANNUAL MERCER COUNTY REENTRY TASK FORCE RESOURCE FAIR" -- For the second year in a row, the Task Force will host a resource fair and seminar series for formerly incarcerated residents of Trenton. Perry is seeking sponsors, presenters, and employers who hire individuals with records to table at the event. Please contact Perry if you would like to get involved or have any ideas.
- Friday, November 6 (6:00pm): "TRENTON COUNCIL OF CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS ANNUAL BANQUET" -- TCCA will host their annual banquet and awards ceremony this November, which will be held at Casa Lupita restaurant. Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman will be the keynote speaker. Tickets are aailable for $50 - contact Task Force member Ed Wittmann or visit the website.