Hey Ladles and Jellyspoons,
Welcome to the beginning of Semester 1, 2016! To those who are coming back and officially non-freshers now, I hope you had a lovely summer. To those of you who are the ‘So Fresh of 2016’ squad, I hope you have started to settle into UWA and have met some new people!
We have a lot planned for the year; from quiz nights and parties to career nights and study nights. There’s something for everyone. If you don’t know what you like, I’d recommend quiz nights; they are generally entertaining and easy to get involved in. You’ll also meet a bunch of semi-cool new people, I guess! Below is a list of what’s coming up!
If you ever have a question (no matter how silly), I’m always happy to help and direct you in the right direction! Feel free to hit me up with a cheeky email:
Have a good first week,
UWA Science Union
Pro Tips for the Fresher Squadron:
- Get the ‘Lost on Campus’ app and you’ll be find your class before it starts.
- Find a club that tickles your fancy! From sword fighting with the Medieval society to making dank mixes with EMAS, there is something there for all of you! That said there are a lot of clubs that are based around your area of study! Here’s a link to our club portal for other Science clubs and Facsocs! There is always US!
What’s happening on Campus?
- Quads on Point - Today SU is versing Arts Union, ECOMS and UEC to prove which faculty is the best. To quench all the smack talk/‘banter’ from the others (and to reassure that our ‘banter’ is 6/10), I’d love to see everyone who is a science student and free on Thursday 1:00pm on James Oval. Afterwards we will be hosting a Sundowner at the Goonzebo with snaggers, a few softies and a few other goodies!
- A lot of elections are happening the next coming weeks so keep your eyes and ears peeled for them.
- If you haven’t had the chance to sign up to all the clubs you wanted to, a mini O-day called Club Carnival, is on Oak Lawn this coming Tuesday from 12-2, during common lunch hour!