Richard Feynman - Ode to a Flower [Vimeo]
- 70 second video with beautiful animation to accompany a quote from Richard Feynman.
Can you recommend to me some culture/deep dive podcasts similar to Decoder Ring? [Reddit thread]
- Lots of recommendations, some obvious, some not.
Drawing Links [wonderful hand drawn newsletter]
- A newsletter from Edith Zimmerman with hand drawn stories from her life. It's full of stories, comics, and links. It's great and it will grow on you.
- "This is really nice and feels like the old internet." That tweet from PJ Vogt is what put this newsletter on my radar a few months ago, and I couldn't agree more.
- Sign up for it here.
The Invitation [newsletter with great curation of links]
- From Tutuwa Ahwoi.
- The tagline is, "A bimonthly collection of interesting links for the chronically curious". I love that and might be using it myself in an alternate universe.
- I can vouch for the great taste in the selections.
Why is this interesting? [daily thought-provoking newsletter]
- "A daily email about intesting things from Noah Brier & Colin Nagy."
- I've been liking this quite a lot since subscribing about two weeks ago.
- Btw, everyone seems to be using Substack. I might have to reevaluate this whole Mailchimp thing.
Ok, so I'm extremely excited to share in public a project I've been helping with behind the scenes. It's called Lyceum
and is the beginning of an audio based learning community. If you like educational podcasts, you will love this.
You can download the app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play, via links on the website Lyceum.fm
. If you are an educational podcaster, there is already a growing community of creators that you can join. Reach out to the Lyceum twitter (@lyceum)
account and we'll steer you in the right direction.
My involvement has been around helping curate the educational audio selection and to help create the collections you see on the home page.
There is also lots of original content in the works, with one of the first shows being released last week. It's called Writ Large
and is great (see above). You can find it on Apple Podcasts but will release early each week within Lyceum.
Each show also has a discussion room! There are lots of features to come, but please play around with it and let us know what you think.
For fun: Conan's DIY Home Improvement Tutorial.
Listory: As always, check out this full playlist in a beautiful Listory List.
That's all for this week!
Connect with me @erikthejones on twitter and if you've learned anything interesting, please forward this link to any curious natured friends or family so they can subscribe. Many thanks!