Pursuant to the Organizational Bylaws, this Call for Nominations for the 2021 Board Elections is being issued.
Nominations will be open until the end of day on Wednesday, April 28 of 2021.
The election will be held at the Annual General Meeting on May 26, 2021 at 4:30pm and will be voted in by the membership. More details on the Annual General Meeting to come but will be hosted virtually once more this year. Be sure to save the date on your calendar!
We are seeking to elect up to five new directors.
Time Commitment 4-6 hours/month:
- Monthly Board Meetings
- The Board typically meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 4:30 p.m., from September to June.
- Meetings are usually under 2 hours in length
- Some decisions are made via email or voting between meetings.
- Monthly Committee Meetings
- SBM has 5 active committees that any member may be a part of and that Directors are required to sit on minimum one.
- Each meeting is about an hour.
These committees are:
Marketing: helps to promote not only SBM, but sustainable building practices in Manitoba more generally
Programming: sets the topics and speakers for SBM’s Lunch and Learns, buildings tours and other events
Training: Supporting sustainable building training development in Manitoba with a special focus on being a repository of all the training across the province
Advocacy: working to lobby and campaign for necessary actions from government and corporations for Manitoba to be sustainably built
Partnerships: help to identify sponsors and to build relationships with others in the sector to strengthen our collective ability to build sustainably
Each committee must be chaired or co-chaired by a member of the board of directors.
In general, each Director is responsible for;
- Helping to achieve the vision, mission, values and implementation of the strategic plan to meet SBM’s objectives and represent the organization accordingly.
- Make and strengthen partnerships
- Attending meetings and notifying when unable to attend. Active participation in the decision-making and work of the Board at and between meetings
- Share relevant information for dissemination to broader community and to help inform decisions
- Support membership recruitment
- Sit on SBM committees - chair a committee (if required)
- Secure minimum of one sponsor for the organization
- Devoting sufficient time to complete duties
Help ensure SBM is operating as outlined in organizational by-laws
All directors must be SBM Members in good standing.
Terms are for two years and directors can serve consecutive terms.
Nominations must be submitted by EMAIL (SBMelections@gmail.com) by the end of day on Wednesday April 28th 2021.
Please submit a 150 word bio and a link to your LinkedIn if you have it
More information on Sustainable Building Manitoba can be found on the website.