Christ is Risen! We praise God for the astounding news of an empty tomb and Jesus’ triumph over death and sin. We praise God also that the same power that rose Jesus from the grave is what empowers us on our missionary journey. It is such an encouragement to know that the same God who formed the mountains, healed lepers and rose victoriously from the grave is the same God who calls us by name and knows our needs before we even ask. In the past few months we’ve seen God’s loving care and provision at work as we prepare for our move to serve with Missionary Air Group at their headquarters in Burlington North Carolina. A few highlights:
- In February Carmen ended with her hospice chaplain job to make more room in our schedule for support raising.
- At the beginning of March Sean ended with his work at Cornerstone Research Group and is now dedicating his full-time efforts to support raising and transition details. We are thankful that he had the opportunity to attend a Support Raising Bootcamp in Albuquerque in January to help equip us for the task. Sean ending his work with CRG also brought the task of settling on what we will be doing to manage healthcare costs. We felt led to join Medishare, a Christian Healthcare Sharing Ministry.
- Sean has begun the task of becoming standardized to MAG’s protocol for their pilots. Part of this has involved acquiring some new helps for the cockpit. All of MAG’s pilots use an ipad mini with ForeFlight for flight planning, charts, aviation weather, airport information and document management.
- This winter we also secured transitional housing for North Carolina. We will be staying at Siloam Missionary Homes while we get a feel for the area. This wonderful ministry has 11 homes available for missionaries in transition or on furlough from their overseas assignment. For us the hardest part about the move is leaving behind great friendships and community. We are hoping that moving into a community of missionaries will provide some wonderful relationships as we get settled. In April we will be taking a quick trip down to North Carolina to work on a few more details related to the move.
- As we prepare to move to MAG’s headquarters in North Carolina, they are preparing for us! God provided a new hanger at the Burlington airport which will more effectively house MAG’s airplanes and is expanding to incorporate office space that will be attached to the hanger. By the time we move, MAG’s airplanes, Sean’s work space and teaching space will all be under one roof. This vision has been in the works for a while and it is amazing to see it come together in God’s perfect time. As this office space addition takes shape on the side of the hanger God has been sending many skilled and kind workers. So far there have been construction volunteers from 8 different churches in 4 different states.
May you be blessed by God’s resurrection power at work in your own life as well! The Apostle Paul prayed this prayer for the believers in Ephesus. It is our prayer for you as well:
I do not cease to give thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers. 17
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, 18
so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, 19
and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power. 20
God put this power to work in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places… (Ephesians 1:16-20)
In Christ’s love,
Sean & Carmen Garrigan