Each month brings new tips to keep your family safe. Here are twelve things to keep in mind to make your December merrier.
- On the first day of Christmas, don’t get grinched by cybercrime. Be AWARE of free Wi-Fi. AVOID using Wi-Fi connections to check bank accounts or ordering. Use VPN software (virtual private network).
- On the second day, check for “naughty” activity. AVOID using debit card. Be AWARE to use dedicated bank & email account to help be ALERT of unauthorized activity. Use different user names and passwords for accounts.
- On the third day, AVOID overloading yourself with packages that block your view and movements.
- On the fourth day, if going away for the holiday, secure all home entries, use timers for lights, TVs. Place valuables, jewelry in a safety deposit box or create home inventory. Make the home appear someone is home.
- On the fifth day, be ALERT, AWARE of personal belongings, wallets and packages.
- On the sixth day, when traveling, be ALERT and AWARE of luggage at all times.
- On the seventh day, be AWARE to use your key fob’s panic button to activate car alarm & lights when threatened.
- On the eighth day, check validity of charities on Better Business Bureau or National Charities Info Bureau links.
- On the ninth day, AVOID displaying tree/gifts thru open windows. Break down boxes to place in trash bins.
- On the tenth day, ALERTNESS can help eliminate potential dangers.
- On the eleventh day, AWARENESS is recognizing threats.
- On the twelfth day, AVOIDING danger/threats is the best holiday gift to yourself and loved ones.