Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
It's that time of year again. The time when we sit back and consider all we have been thankful for. So, I want to take just a moment to say THANK YOU for your interest and support in helping me do what I love – inspiring safety to others and communities!
Holiday season is a time when busy people become careless and vulnerable to holiday crime. We can never be too prepared to be ALERT, AWARE and AVOID potential danger or threats. Relax and practice the following safety tips for a safer way to shop.
- Practice the buddy system. Shop early during daylight hours and with a buddy. Stay ALERT.
- Be AWARE to how you carry your purse/wallet. Close to body or straps hanging loosely on shoulders? Men, carry wallet inside jacket. If placed in back pocket place a small comb in between wallet so that teeth comb stick out of sides, face up. If someone tries to pick wallet, the comb will snag against the inside of pockets and ALERT you of the attempt theft.
- Be ALERT in leaving a purse in a shopping cart unattended or purse left half open.
- Be ALERT to always have a personal safety item (i.e. keys pointed out in between fingers) in your hand when coming and going from a car, store or home.
- AVOID displaying valuables, packages in plain view inside car. Lock in trunk.
- Carry a well-charged cell phone with you at all times. Be AWARE to have it programmed to dial 9-1-1 at the push of a button.
- Be ALERT to utilize home alarms, night lighting, trimmed landscaping around perimeter of home.
- Be ALERT and AWARE of door/phone solicitors and scams.
- Be ALERT about social media. Posting where your, trips, vacation, lets burglars know your home is empty. After all, how many “friends” do you know on Facebook?
For additional safety tips, buy yourself or a loved one the perfect gift.
THE UNIQUE TRIPLE A™ SAFETY HANDBOOK: How To Defend Yourself Without A Fight was designed to help people become more safety and security conscious by focusing on three basic principles:
Alertness of your surroundings
Awareness on how to recognize potential danger or threats
Avoidance in order to eliminate or limit being a target
Just $21.95 on Amazon
If you are interested in having Diane come out
and speak to your group or organization about The Unique Triple A™ Safety Program
please contact her at