On A Personal Note
Well, school is back in session. Summer fun time is over. But, that means you now have plenty of time to look for and buy a new home! Often people think Fall and the end of the year is not a good time to buy. Not true. Generally there is less competition in the latter part of the year. And the best time to buy is never in the future. The best time is five years ago! Or ten for that matter! I often talk about the steady decline in the amount of homes for sale and average prices. Let's put that into perspective for Lake Norman.
August 2014 vs. August 2019
- Average single family home price - $484,569 vs. $545,548.
- Average condo & townhome price - $198,306 vs. $270,971.
- Average waterfront single family home price - $815,547 vs. $978,742.
- Average waterfront condo & townhome price - $239,353 vs. $314,165.
- Number of single family homes for sale - 1,066 vs. 791.
- Number of condos & townhomes for sale - 103 vs. 90.
So you see, if you wait the price is going to be higher and the number of choices is going to be even less. Not to mention all of the gains you will lose. If you've been on the fence about buying a home at Lake Norman, now is the time. Don't wait any longer. Give me a call today!