Saint Paul's United Methodist Church Prayer List
January 5, 2021
“persevere in prayer” Romans 12:12
* New Prayer Requests from this week are highlighted in red, and brief descriptions are given, as available and shared with permission. Normally, short-term prayer requests stay on our list for a month, unless requested otherwise.
- Ann Deas - friend of Barbara Jaeger, cancer
- Liana Joy Ihde - grandchild of Barbara Jaeger's best friend (age 11), has lukemia
- Sandy Sanders - recovering from surgery
- Rev. Terry Gregory - Pastor at Woodrun Baptist Church here in Tallahassee, passed away from Covid. Link to obituary.
- Olga Martin - her nephew, Jerry Lewis, passed away.
- Stephanie Corry - her father passed away
- Justin Echols - friend of Anne Godbold, was in a four-wheeler accident and is in critical condition
- Lance Giglio - has been in the hospital
- Rev. Mike Fordham - has Covid, was sick, but doing OK
- Daniel Gill - David's son, tested positive for Covid. Reda, his wife, also has it. Improving, getting retested.
- Tim Ashley - tested positive for Covid. He is back to work, and his wife Judy did not get it.
- Tiffany McNabb's cousin, Jimmy, passed away from Covid on 12/28
- Joe Helton's mother passed away on 12/24.
- George and Betty Ploussios - Fotena's godparents. George's pancreatic cancer is back and he is going into palliative care. Betty has dementia and is losing her eyesight
- Connor Cherry - having surgery on his arm 12/29, it didn't heal properly from when he broke it this past summer. He had a plate put in and gets the stitches out soon, but will likely take 8 months to heal completely.
- Ray and Carol Burnham - Barbara Jaeger's sister and brother-in-law, have Covid, and are home recovering.
- Bud and Margaret Bowman - Carol Lee's parents. Bud has Covid and is not doing well. Her mother tested negative but has dementia. Carol and Dennis are traveling to be with them.
- Anne Godbold - biopsy at Mayo on 12/28. Tumor was non-cancerous, and team is discerning how to remove.
- Bruce Harter - admitted to hospital 12/20, UTI, kidney stone, and pneumonia. Home now recovering.
- Flo Dickenson - bereavement, ex-husband and father of her kids passed away 12/17 (Link to the obituary for John Daniel Dickenson)
- Rev. Doug Zipperer - diagnosed with a brain tumor, and will be starting chemo and radiation soon.
- Rev Eddie Soto and his wife Marcia - Eddie is currently in the hospital with Covid, and on a ventilator. Marcia has recovered. Making tiny improvements.
- The Alison family - Malena's mom and grandmother are both under hospice care at Harbor Chase and neither are doing well.
- Barbara Clampett - Heart cath. surgery 12/17
- The Keaton family - Helen's brother-in-law (John's brother), Bill, passed away.
- Beverley Kinloch - had a wire repositioned in her heart and was in the hospital for 6 days. She is home now recovering.
- Patty Moxley - friend of Anne Godbold, still has lingering effects from Covid. Her husband, Rev. Joe Moxley has made a full recovery.
- Debra Eggebraaten - her second cataract surgery went well, too - thank you for your prayers.
- Janel Caine - Doug G’s wife, broke her finger. She is in a splint now. Still bent and swollen. Janel is a flute player.
- Karen Hahn - broke her ankle (all three bones)
- Grace & Hubert Barge - former members that moved to Texas, Hubert broke his hip. Facility he is in has Covid now.
- For our church as we continue to search for ways to connect, grow, and serve even while not gathering in person for worship
- For the formation of a Men's Ministry at Saint Paul's.
- For Manna on Meridian, Elder Care, Soul Food, and Project Annie. Guidance for Soul Food.
LONG TERM: (Updates will be added in red. If you have an update to share with the prayer group, please let us know by replying to this email, or by submitting a prayer card on Sunday)
- Betty Blair
- Ron and Mary Ann Braswell
- Yvonne & Bob Brownlie - leg infection, and several falls recently
- Terry and Carol Broadway, and Ann Broadway - Carol fell again. At home, but she is in pain.
- Bob Caldwell
- Louise Carpenter - moved to a Stuart memory care facility.
- Charlotte Chellman
- Ivy Lee Daniel
- Norma DeRuyter - moved to memory care at Canterfield
- Margaret Dowdy - her legs have been giving her a lot of trouble
- Daniel Doxsee
- Madelyn Duggar - Charlotte Keaton's neighbor (16-years-old), paralyzed and doctor's don't know why
- Virginia Fletcher - She is not doing well. At Canterfield.
- Barbara Frett & Adeline Brenning - Malena's Alison's mom and grandmother.
- Pat Giglio, in Georgia
- Oriska Henn & her caregiver Doris - Hospice has been called in, but she continues to improve!
- Ralph Hook
- Anne Humphrey - heart valve replacement scheduled 1/25
- Leroy Irwin
- Mayra Joiner's dad - for healing, cancer.
- Bill Jones, recovery
- Helen Keaton
- Robert Kennedy
- Ralph Kenyon
- Karen Kline - Still having heart trouble. Was in the hospital for a few days in December with pericarditis and stomach ulcers. Still has chest pressure issues.
- Rev. Bob Laidlaw and his wife, Traci - their home is ready and they are hoping to move any day now! Bob did have a negative reaction to his chemo recently, so please continue prayers for his health.
- Nena Martinez’s mother
- Rev. Jim McWhinnie
- Hazel Oliver
- Ruth Riley
- Dot Roberts - had her pacemaker replaced. She fell again recently, nothing broken but she is very sore.
- Terry Shoffstall
- Rev. Ben Spivey
- Dick & Doris Sublette - Doris fell and broke her hip, and Dick's cancer has been spreading aggressively. They are both in the same rehab facility, but cannot have visitors.
- Linda Underwood - Sylvia Walford's friend, diagnosed with ALS.
- Kristen Ward and family - doctors have given her a treatment plan, and she is feeling encouraged by that.
- Ruth Ann Wynn
- Soisson Church, Haiti, for peace in Haiti
- Yaguaramas Methodist Church, Cuba
- Those incarcerated and those returning as citizens, and the people in ministry with them
- First responders and health care workers
You may also download a PDF version of the list of names, that you can print and pray over. Just Click Here.
Click here for an address list of folks who might appreciate receiving cards.
We meet on Sunday evenings and Tuesday mornings for prayer via Zoom. This is a space where we can pray with, over, and for one another. If you have a prayer need and would like someone to pray with you, please join us for this gathering. Sunday evenings we focus mainly on praying for those who attend and are in need of prayer, and Tuesday mornings we focus on praying for those on this prayer list.
Legal (HIPAA) disclaimer: These prayer requests and praise reports may include personal and/or medical information that is subject to – and protected under – HIPAA laws. The medical details, however limited, should not be shared apart from those on our prayer chain, made up of those who share a desire and willingness to pray for and/or minister to these individuals. Prayer requests are received and shared on a ‘good-faith’ basis.