We have been meeting in person for a while now, Sunday evenings 5-6pm at Generations Park. Things have been going really great as we gather around the campfire and share. We have also been going on monthly hikes - getting outdoors and spending time together. For now, these are the precautions we are taking to make sure you and your family are safe:
1. Youth are only meeting outdoors.
2. Masks are required whenever we are gathered (i.e. around the campfire or circled up for discussion time, not while spread out hiking, though you may choose to keep your mask on during the hikes).
3. Youth are asked to maintain 6-feet between each other unless they are part of the same family or parents have notified me that another child is in their "bubble."
4. We are not providing food right now. Students are encouraged to bring their own snacks if they are hungry.
5. We are not playing games where we all touch a common item, like a ball.
6. Hand sanitizer is available at all our meetings.
Please let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns, or comments. We continue to meet online for Sunday School every Sunday morning at 11am. The Hatfields led during December, and Ted Rokitowski is leading during January. We also have our Discord server where kids are encouraged to interact with one another throughout the week, with discussion boards, prayer, faith questions, and general meme-sharing.
Now that Kandace is back from sabbatical, I will be taking two weeks of vacation starting next Monday. That means I need to find two adults to lead the youth gathering on Sunday, January 24, and 31. If you would be interested, please let me know. Read below for more things that are coming up this spring!