Important information; please read carefully
Dear Saint Paul’s Family;
First – I realize that not everyone is connected via email and social media – so I urge you to share this far and wide with whomever you feel needs to know this information.
We have made the decision to shut down our campus for the following week, including worship on March 22, 2020 in order to assist in keeping check on any new cases of COVID-19. While as of this writing there have been no confirmed cases in Leon County, that will undoubtedly change as testing becomes more widespread.
ALL CHURCH ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK MARCH 16 THROUGH MARCH 22 (INCLUDING WORSHIP ON 3/22) HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. THIS INCLUDES WEDNESDAY MORNING CHAPEL AND EVENING ACTIVITIES AND THURSDAY LUNCH AND LEARN (FORMERLY PACESETTERS).
I am asking all staff to report for work on Monday, March 16 (unless you are on vacation this week), and together we will develop a plan for the week and the weeks beyond. If you are a front desk volunteer and can report this week, please do so.
One thing we will want to do is to complete a deep clean of our buildings during this week. If you are able to volunteer for an hour or two any day during the week, please sign up here and we will provide the necessary materials and work assignments.
Moving forward, we will assess the situation on a week by week basis and make appropriate decisions, communicating those decisions via email and social media. As always, I would encourage you to contact your own circle of friends here at the church (Sunday School, etc.) to be sure that all receive the word on any schedule changes.
How can you stay connected?
- I will continue to send out the Daily Bible Reading via email (to those subscribed) and social media (check out our Facebook page). I encourage you to use this resource to help shape your days with scripture and reflection.
- Continue to use the phone and technology to reach out to one another. Check in on your friends and those who might be isolated, especially those in assisted living facilities.
- Can I also encourage you to remain faithful to your giving during this time as well? While making this request during this time might feel somewhat self-serving, your faithful giving to the church allows us to continue the ministries of the church to our community, where there will be increased needs in the days and months to come. Thank you in advance for this. You may give online here. (Please make sure you indicate OPERATING BUDGET 2020 for your gift).
- I will provide a recorded message on Sunday, March 22 and will send out a link to that message once it is ready. It will also be provided on social media as well.
- Any additional video messages will be sent out via our Facebook page and other electronic media links.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE
If there is anything that you need that the church can help provide, please feel free to call the church office (385-5146) or my cell phone (407) 484-1408. We will do all that we can to assist you.
How can you stay spiritually healthy in this anxious time?
Pray throughout the day – gratitude; intercession for others; for the church; for those who are leading through this season.
Connect – with others via phone, email or Face Time; check in on one another
Volunteer – if you are healthy and able
Get Outside – there is healing to be had in nature; social distancing does not mean isolation
Laugh – find joy daily and share it freely
Unplug – do not obsess over the endless stream of news. Read a book; cook a healthy meal; take a walk.
Practice – patience; kindness; compassion; generosity; faithfulness; love.
I am praying for each of you, by name, during these days.