Saint Paul's United Methodist Church Prayer List
January 12, 2021
“persevere in prayer” Romans 12:12
* New Prayer Requests from this week are highlighted in red, and brief descriptions are given, as available and shared with permission. Normally, short-term prayer requests stay on our list for a month, unless requested otherwise.
- Rev. David Gill - he will be serving as interim pastor at Wakulla UMC starting 2/7 through the end of April
- The people of Frenchtown - those at iGrow asked us to pray for those affected by the recent house fire.
- Rev. Patty Daniels is having knee replacement surgery 1/12
- The family of Lance Giglio - he passed away on 1/8
- The family Rev. Eddie Soto - he passed away on 1/7
- The family of Doris Sublette - she passed away on 1/4
- Fred Carmichael - friend of Sheila Frazier, he has pancreatic cancer
- Gordon Bowman’s brother-in-law and cousin
- Ann Deas - friend of Barbara Jaeger, cancer
- Liana Joy Ihde - grandchild of Barbara Jaeger's best friend (age 11), has lukemia
- Sandy Sanders - recovering from surgery
- Rev. Terry Gregory - Pastor at Woodrun Baptist Church here in Tallahassee, passed away from Covid. Link to obituary.
- Olga Martin - her nephew, Jerry Lewis, passed away.
- Stephanie Corry - her father passed away
- Justin Echols - friend of Anne Godbold, was in a four-wheeler accident and is in critical condition. Age 33. Still on a ventilator.
- Rev. Mike Fordham - has Covid, was sick, he is still improving but he is still staying home.
- Daniel Gill - David Gill's son, tested positive for Covid. Reda, his wife, also has it. Daniel and one of his daughters have tested negative, and have recovered. Reda and their other daughter are still testing positive.
- Tiffany McNabb's cousin, Jimmy, passed away from Covid on 12/28
- Joe Helton's mother passed away on 12/24.
- George and Betty Ploussios - Fotena's godparents. George's pancreatic cancer is back and he is going into palliative care. Betty has dementia and is losing her eyesight
- Connor Cherry - having surgery on his arm 12/29, it didn't heal properly from when he broke it this past summer. He had a plate put in and gets the stitches out soon, but will likely take 8 months to heal completely.
- Ray and Carol Burnham - Barbara Jaeger's sister and brother-in-law, have Covid, and are home recovering.
- Bud and Margaret Bowman - Carol Lee's parents. Bud has Covid and is not doing well. Her mother tested negative but has dementia. Carol and Dennis are traveling to be with them.
- Anne Godbold - biopsy at Mayo on 12/28. Tumor was non-cancerous, and team is discerning how to remove.
- Bruce Harter - admitted to hospital 12/20, UTI, kidney stone, and pneumonia. Home now recovering.
- Flo Dickenson - bereavement, ex-husband and father of her kids passed away 12/17 (Link to the obituary for John Daniel Dickenson)
- Rev. Doug Zipperer - diagnosed with a brain tumor, and will be starting chemo and radiation 1/20.
- The Alison family - Malena's mom and grandmother are both under hospice care at Harbor Chase and neither are doing well.
- Barbara Clampett - Heart cath. surgery 12/17
- The Keaton family - Helen's brother-in-law (John's brother), Bill, passed away.
- Beverley Kinloch - had a wire repositioned in her heart and was in the hospital for 6 days. She is home now recovering. Still very fatigued.
- Janel Caine - Doug G’s wife, broke her finger. She is in a splint now. Still bent and swollen. Janel is a flute player.
- Karen Hahn - broke her ankle (all three bones)
- Grace & Hubert Barge - former members that moved to Texas, Hubert broke his hip. Facility he is in has Covid now. Hubert got his first vaccination.
- For our church as we continue to search for ways to connect, grow, and serve whether in-person or remotely
- For the formation of a Men's Ministry at Saint Paul's.
- For Manna on Meridian, Elder Care, Soul Food, and Project Annie. Guidance for Soul Food.
LONG TERM: (Updates will be added in red. If you have an update to share with the prayer group, please let us know by replying to this email, or by submitting a prayer card on Sunday)
- Betty Blair
- Ron and Mary Ann Braswell
- Yvonne & Bob Brownlie - leg infection, and several falls recently
- Terry and Carol Broadway, and Ann Broadway
- Bob Caldwell
- Louise Carpenter - moved to a Stuart memory care facility.
- Charlotte Chellman - Steve said he is able to visit her for short periods now
- Ivy Lee Daniel
- Norma DeRuyter - moved to memory care at Canterfield
- Margaret Dowdy - her legs have been giving her a lot of trouble
- Daniel Doxsee
- Madelyn Duggar - Charlotte Keaton's neighbor (16-years-old), paralyzed and doctor's don't know why
- Virginia Fletcher - She is not doing well. At Canterfield.
- Barbara Frett & Adeline Brenning - Malena's Alison's mom and grandmother.
- Pat Giglio, in Georgia
- Oriska Henn & her caregiver Doris - Hospice has been called in, but she continues to improve!
- Ralph Hook
- Anne Humphrey - heart valve replacement scheduled 1/25
- Leroy Irwin - his sister, Eunice Trescott, passed away 1/9.
- Mayra Joiner's dad - for healing, cancer.
- Bill Jones, recovery
- Helen Keaton
- Robert Kennedy
- Ralph Kenyon
- Karen Kline - Still having heart trouble. She thinks she may be turning a corner. Was able to walk around the block.
- Rev. Bob Laidlaw and his wife, Traci - their home is ready and they are hoping to move any day now! Bob did have a negative reaction to his chemo recently, so please continue prayers for his health.
- Nena Martinez’s mother
- Rev. Jim McWhinnie
- Hazel Oliver
- Ruth Riley
- Dot Roberts - had her pacemaker replaced. She fell again recently, nothing broken but she is very sore.
- Terry Shoffstall
- Rev. Ben Spivey
- Dick Sublette - Doris passed away, and Dick's cancer has been spreading aggressively.
- Linda Underwood - Sylvia Walford's friend, diagnosed with ALS.
- Kristen Ward and family - doctors have given her a treatment plan, and she is feeling encouraged by that.
- Ruth Ann Wynn
- Soisson Church, Haiti, for peace in Haiti
- Yaguaramas Methodist Church, Cuba
- Those incarcerated and those returning as citizens, and the people in ministry with them
- First responders and health care workers
You may also download a PDF version of the list of names that you can print and pray over, as well as our current birthday list, and a list of addresses of folks on the prayer list who may appreciate cards.
We meet on Sunday evenings and Tuesday mornings for prayer via Zoom. This is a space where we can pray with, over, and for one another. If you have a prayer need and would like someone to pray with you, please join us for this gathering. Sunday evenings we focus mainly on praying for those who attend and are in need of prayer, and Tuesday mornings we focus on praying for those on this prayer list.
Legal (HIPAA) disclaimer: These prayer requests and praise reports may include personal and/or medical information that is subject to – and protected under – HIPAA laws. The medical details, however limited, should not be shared apart from those on our prayer chain, made up of those who share a desire and willingness to pray for and/or minister to these individuals. Prayer requests are received and shared on a ‘good-faith’ basis.