Art 1 (in sketchbooks or on separate sheets of paper)
1.) Observational sketch using a ballpoint pen. This is a value drawing of either a landscape close to home or a specific space in your home.
2.) Using a ballpoint pen, draw your current emotional state. You can use a contemporary character from pop culture to represent your emotion. Use a scribbling technique to capture it. Try to use the whole page.
Art2/3 and AP Studio Art:
Photo & Graphic Design:
- For AP 2D/3D/Drawing only: The College Board has updated the portfolio requirements: Selected Works: 3 works required (instead of 5) to be submitted digitally + Sustained Investigation: 10 works required (instead of 15). Also digital submission due date extended for all students to May 26 at 11:59 p.m. ET. This is the current status on the portfolio submission. It may change in the future. We will keep you posted!
- For Art 2/3 students only: Work on and finish your five to seven piece collection of work that is connected by a common idea or theme. Your work must be visually related and compelling and be ready to show for the Spring Art Show in April.
(Select 3 per week or complete one from last week that you didn't choose)
- Design a postcard and send it to a friend
- Try out a chromebook-friendly design platform (Adobe Spark)
- Affinity Photo is doing a 30 Day Trial (let me know if you are interested)
- Find Your Sanctuary: Google-search a little history about your own neighborhood park and take photos using at least 5 different composition techniques (zoom for abstract, depth of field, grand or detail landscape, monochromatic, dominant elements & principles: proportion, balance, line, shape, form). Post their 5 best with captions using art vocabulary.
- Print these art journal sheets by the artist Adam J. Kurz (or draw on them with an Ipad)
- For a follow up: Create your own version with a marker and the PhotoScan app or an Ipad (let me know if I can share them with everyone)
- Create your own font
- Read F-Stop Magazine - Create a work inspired by what you read
- Create an Observational Drawing or Emotional State Drawing (See Art 1 above)
- Read The Wuhan I Know - Draw an Editorial Cartoon reflecting on the media or your current personal experience.
- Continue drawing your own graphic novel - send updates
- Finish any film rolls you can find - send updates
- Obstructions Project - more details in last week's email
- Design a flag for Carmel or your community - Roman Mars talk about Flags