NYU Shanghai IMA Students Light up Inauguration Week
The NYU community this week marks the passing of the torch to Andrew D. Hamilton, NYU’s 16th president, with a series of talks and special events that celebrate the community and character of the global university - among them an amazing light show animated by NYU Shanghai IMA students.
Kevin Pham '17 shares his study away experience in this video he produced about his time in Accra, NYU's study away center in Ghana. The video was selected by Global Affairs as the winning entry in this week's Study Away Video Contest.
NYU Shanghai students and staff join (literally) with students from Shanghai Pudong Special Education School at their first practice session ahead of the 4th Shanghai Sunshine Unified Run - a community outreach event that aims to help pupils with disabilities better integrate into society.
• The 2013 Fund Committee is seeking passionate and innovative members from all classes. Apply now before September 24 if you’re interested in being a Committee Member, Events Chair, Communications Chair or Marketing Chair.
• The Model United Nations Chapter of the Politics, Law & Debate Club at NYU Shanghai will host their first conference at NYU Shanghai from March 17-19. The first round of applications for the Organization Team are nowavailable.
• One of our popular Chinese Cultural Classes, Pottery & Ceramics, is back! It's first-come, first-served. No previous experience required. Apply before Sunday 25.
• Need to relax? Head down to Health & Wellness' Relaxation Workshops on Monday 26 and Wednesday 28 from 4:15 - 5pm. The Meditation Room is calling you.
• Come to B1 on Wednesday 28 between 4:30 - 7pm and get your fill of 10,000 dumplings at our annual Dumpling Festival. Make your own dumplings, play dumpling games, or pick up a dumpling pillow for your friends. Find out more on Orgsync
• Do you like Sci-Fi films? Come watch a special screening of Her, about a lonely writer who develops an unlikely relationship with an operating system designed to meet his every need. Movie starts at 5pm in Room 102 on Friday 30. RSVP here.
• And a new exhibition is coming to the NYU Shanghai Art Gallery! Lu Yang’s Delusional Crime and Punishment solo exhibit will be opening on October 10
Photo of the Week
This photo taken inside the Reichstag in Berlin was captured by Ng Meizhi '17 during her study away semester in the German capital and is one of the winning entries in this year's Study Away Photo Contest, as voted by students, faculty and staff.