Fresh from summer internships with employers including Google, J.P Morgan and The White House, NYU Shanghai’s inaugural class is already looking ahead to start their dream careers. To help jumpstart their entry into the job market, the Career Development Center (CDC) held its first Career Fair on Friday, connecting them with over 50 employers including Apple, Deloitte, GroupM, PwC and TOMS China, offering positions in China and beyond.
Professor Alain-Sol Sznitman from the ETH Zurich, a renowned mathematician, as well as a member of the Academia Europaea and Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, delivered a lecture on Tuesday about one of the hottest topics in contemporary probability theory. His talk 'On Disconnection and Level Sets’ at the NYU-ECNU Institute of Mathematical Sciences at NYU Shanghai was part of an ongoing lectures series at the Institute, which hosts some of the world’s most distinguished scientists.
A variety of “five-star” cuisines including a famous Shaoxing rice wine chicken and tender lamb shoulder -- prepared by two major additions to the NYU Shanghai dining team -- aim to satisfy NYU Shanghai’s many hungry bellies this semester.
Gish Jen is not only "the Great American Novelist we're always hearing about,” (according to Pulitzer Prize-winning author Junot Diaz) but now NYU Shanghai’s newest Visiting Professor of Literature. She tells us about exploring identity in nonfiction and the moment she knew she had to write.
• Sign up for info sessions about the Deans' Service Scholars outreach program on September 6 and 8.
• Thinking about graduate school after NYU Shanghai? RSVP to Grad School Blast and learn more at this half-day conference on September 10. • Cast your vote for NYU Shanghai Fall Class Representative & Senator before September 11. More details about Class Representative candidates here. Class of 2020 - Vote hereClass of 2019 - Vote here Class of 2018 - Vote hereClass of 2017 - Vote here
• Commencement ideas: submit your comments on NYU Shanghai’s Torch & Diploma Designs before September 12.
• Want a chance to talk over tea with Provost Waley-Cohen on September 13? RSVP to the Open House.
• Want an international certificate that shows your Chinese language proficiency level? Join the HSK info session on September 13. Sign Up now.
• Here’s your chance to be a human test subject for research and get pizza at the same time. RSVP on Orgsync for Training Session 1 (September 13) for Faculty and Students, or Session 2 (September 14) for Faculty and Students. Click here to know more.
• Interested in the art scene? Professors Barbara Edelstein and Jian-Jun Zhang are showing an exhibition in Shanghai. Check the schedule so you don’t miss it.
• What’s the Shanghai Project all about?
Did You Know？
Happy Teachers' Day！
教师节快乐 - September 10th is designated Teachers' Day in China, a time to celebrate the learning and dedication of teachers, educators, lecturers and professors. On behalf of NYU Shanghai staff and students, we wish our dedicated faculty a successful and stimulating semester.