2016.11.11 / 1438.02.10
Joint Statement of Muslim Organizations on Hate Speeches and Activities inciting Racism
Islam is a religion that enforces social reconciliation. And, therefore, Islam does not recognize any activity detrimental to the social fabric.
Islam preaches that Muslims should avoid creating hostilities between religions and respect other faiths.
If any anti-Islamic strategies are initiated by any force, Islam does not encourage encountering back by the similar manner. Islam teaches that evil has to be encountered with goodness. It also exhorts that when pointing out any fault to use wisdom and adopt a soft approach, to avoid hurting the feelings of others.
Islam strictly prohibits humiliating other religions while enforcing to respect the other religious clerics. We strictly condemn writing, speaking and using social media contradicting to the above Islamic teachings.
We strictly denounce that a Muslim expressing his thoughts in a manner demeaning the others’ religions or religious scholars, which is against the Islamic teachings.
Furthermore, we strictly condemn all activities humiliating Islam, Muslims and the Holy Quran, while requesting the government to take needful action against those who get involved in these types of unlawful activities. If the government does not take appropriate actions to stop this menace it will take our country and its citizens towards negative results.
The government also should take initiatives to identify the activities created to widen the relationship between the communities and do the needful to prevent them. Furthermore, in order to settle matters concerning Muslims’ Affairs we request the government to consult the leadership of Muslim religious and civil societies for better outcome.
- All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama - ACJU
- All Ceylon Young Muslim Men’s Association Conference - YMMA
- Sri Lanka Jama'athe Islami – SLJI
- All Ceylon Thowheedh Jama’ath –ACTJ
- Muslim Council of Sri Lanka - MCSL
- National Shoora Council – NSC
- Sri Lanka Islamic Center
- Sri Lanka Islamic Student’s Movement
- All Ceylon Union of Muslim League Youth Fronts - ACUMLYF
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth – WAMY
- Jama'ath Ansaris Sunnathil Mohammadiyya - JASM
- Jama’athus Salama
- International Islamic Relief Organization- IIRO
- Association of Muslim Youth of Sailan (Sri Lanka) - AMYS
- Colombo District Masjid Federation – CDMF
- Sri Lanka Shariee’ah Council
- Al Hikma Welfare Association
- All Ceylon Muslim Educational Conference - ACMEC
- Jama’ath ut Thowheed
- Rapid Response Team - RRT
- Sri Lanka Muslim Media Forum – SLMMF
- All University Muslim Students Association - AUMSA
- Advocacy & Reconciliation Council