The Final 10 of Ramadhaan
Remember the strategies we used when we had to keep us awake the whole night for the preparation of school/university exams or other important matter? Just think of them and the following tips might help us in keeping ourselves awake and to perform ‘Ibaadaat in these last 10 nights of Ramadan.
1. No matter how good or bad your Ramadan went, enter the last 10 days well prepared, with pure intentions, full energy and a positive outlook.
2. Listen to or read the Tafsir of Surah Al-Qadr to know about this amazing night, to switch that mode on and to keep it remained on for all the nights.
3. Do not overeat. Drink more water in between ‘Ibaadaat. Have a cup of tea or coffee for keep staying active Bi-idhnillaah.
4. Keep a study buddy to race in good deeds well as to keep a watch on you and wake you up whenever you fall asleep.
5. If you’re alone in the room, recite the Qur’an in a loud beautiful voice so that your ears & heart remain involved with the recitation and you don’t feel drowsy. Plus it has an amazingly calming effect trust me!
6. If you’re not alone then you can recite in a normal volume not to disturb others but can listen to a Qiraa-at in high volume using your earphone.
7. Keep all your stuff like the Du’aa list, prayer mat ready beforehand so that you don’t waste those precious moments in searching for things.
8. Prepare a schedule and shift to different acts of worship to avoid monotony and to remain involved throughout.
9. Try to make a long Qiyaam (standing in prayer)
10. Elongate your Sujood and make loads and loads of Du’aas in it. Cry hard and ask Allah everything you wish for in Dunya and Aakhirah.
11. Raise your Du’aa, remember it’s the night of decree and angels are precisely writing down whatever is gonna happen in your life for the next coming year, be specific in your Du’aas and ask for each and everything you need. Don’t play small in your Du’aas as you’re asking the king of all kings!
12. Pray 2 Raka’ah Salatul Tawbah every single night and ask for forgiveness from ALLAH – Al-Ghaffar, Al-Ghafoor, Al-Tawwab and Al-’Afuww. Repent sincerely with full hope and firm resolve of not repeating those sins again.
13. Memorize and keep asking the Du’aa of Lailatul Qadr: Allaahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allaah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).
14. Whenever you feel sleepy, stand up, make a fresh Wudu and offer 2 Raka’ah Tahiyyatul Wudu. It will remove all the traces of sleep In sha Allah.
15. Ask Allah to grant you Lailatul Qadr and accept from you whatever ‘ibaadaat you did by his tawfeeq.
Let us make this Ramadhaan a means of gaining nearness to Allah Ta’ala and preparing for the eternal journey that each and every one of us must traverse. Source