Here's a video you might want to share with your Home Church that gives us a primer on the Holy Spirit.
Our Scripture passage for this week is Psalm 119:89-112.
1. Take some time to sit quietly and then pray before you start the learning portion of your Home Church.
2. Let everyone read the Bible Passage on their own. You can provide Bibles for those who would like hard copies, but if they're more comfortable reading on their phones, that's ok too.
3. Give everyone time to think about the passage and answer in their own heads and hearts one or more of the following questions. (The goal is not to get all the questions answered, but to encourage your group to engage and wrestle with the passage.)
LIGHT BULB - What stood out to you in this passage? Name something that “shines” through, that impacts you, or draws your attention.
QUESTION MARK- What questions do you have about the passage? Is there something you don’t understand or something you would like to ask God or the author?
ARROW- How can you apply this passage practically to life?
SPEECH BUBBLE- Who could benefit from hearing about what you’ve learned today? Who in your life could you share what you learned through words or actions?
4. After you're finished with the Scripture reading, you can jump into the highlight reel here.
5. Here are the questions from the highlight reel. You can also find them in pdf form here.
What struggles or difficulties have you encountered as you’ve read the Bible?
How have you experienced the illumination of the Spirit as you’ve read the Bible? Share a time when a passage came alive for you.
How have you practiced reading the Bible? What has and has not worked for you?
Does your view of Scripture reveal something about your relationship with Jesus? What does it reveal?
When have you experienced certainty that kept you or someone you know from faithfulness?
Have you ever been afraid to ask questions about the Scriptures because you’re afraid of where it might lead?
How has the Spirit transformed your views of Scripture over time?