Think Safety: Tips from Campus Police
Keep Your Eyes on the Road!
In 2017, there were 24,876 distracted driving crashes in Tennessee!
• Talk or text on your cell phone while driving — it's now illegal in the State of Tennessee!
• Apply make-up.
• Pick up a dropped cigarette, vape, cell phone, or sandwich.
• Watch television or a movie while driving.
• Drink or drive impaired.
• Keep both hands on the steering wheel.
• Signal a lane change well in advance of changing lanes.
• Pull off to the shoulder of the road (in a straight lane not in a curve) to pick up any item you may have dropped.
• Use your rear view and side mirrors to look at what is beside and behind you before making a lane change.
• Buckle up! The life you save, may be your own.