Just after daybreak, Jesus stood on the beach; but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, "Children, you have no fish, have you?" They answered him, "No." He said to them, "Cast the net to the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in because there were so many fish. John 21:4-6
Whenever there is disappointment or adversity, God seeks us out and provides all we need and more. Let us be patient and press forward in faith and hope that God will provide for Resurrection just as he did for his hungry disciples. Read on for announcements about a few things we may look forward to.
• Forward in Faith ... and Hope! Our Inquirers / Confirmation program for adults and youth continues this Sunday at 9:30 AM in Emmaus Hall. Father Bolle and Chuck McDonnell are leading an exploration about faith, church, Christianity and the Episcopal tradition. Nursery (infant thru age 3) and formation programs for Pre-K through 5th grade will take place during this time in the Sunday school rooms.
• ECW is meeting Monday evening, May 6, at 6:00 PM in Emmaus Hall. All women of the church are welcome and encouraged to attend.
• May 19 will be a day of special thanksgiving and fellowship at Resurrection! It will be Youth Sunday, where the gifts and talents of our young people will be celebrated by their leadership in worship and our recognition of their academic accomplishments. Following the 10:30 service, we will enjoy a potluck luncheon together in Emmaus Hall and the Gathering Space. The parish will provide the main dish. We ask members of the congregation to bring a side dish to share. Weather permitting, we hope to have some inter-generational recreation on the back lot.
• If your child is graduating this May, be sure to notify the church office as soon as possible, firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish to recognize graduation at any level of academia.
• Confirmation will take place on June 30 with Bishop Waldo’s visit. We will combine our worship services that morning at 10:30 AM. Bishop Waldo also will hold an adult forum at 9:30 AM in Emmaus Hall.
• It is not too early to seek sponsors for our Thanksgiving Day Race to be Thankful. We could use an enthusiastic, charismatic and possibly well-connected person to help obtain sponsors from area businesses and companies. If this sounds like you and you are willing to help, please contact Kim Russell at email@example.com or 344-8009. Compensation includes a free t-shirt and a great amount of appreciation.
• Parents making summer plans for their children should consider Kanuga Day Camp. We will host the camp at Resurrection on July 15 – 19. Registration forms and all necessary information can be obtained through Kanuga’s website, www.kanuga.org. Flyers are available on the buffet table in the Gathering Space. Take some to share with friends, family, and neighbors. Feel free to contact Elizabeth Floyd if you have questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pastoral Care in Transition: Fr. Bolle will be available for our pastoral needs throughout his time as our interim rector. You may read him by phone at 864-554-3240 or email at email@example.com.
Thursday, May 2 5:30 PM Yoga at COR (Gathering Place)
Saturday, May 4
Civil Rights Trip to Atlanta 9 AM Altar Guild Preparations
This Sunday, May 3
8:30 AM Holy Eucharist I 9:30 AM Children's Formation, Forward in Faith ... and Hope!,
Adult Choir Rehearsal 10:30 AM Holy Eucharist II
Monday, May 6 5:30 PM Yoga at COR (Gathering Place) 6 PM ECW Chapter of St. Agnes Meeting (Emmaus Hall)
Wednesday, May 8 10:00 AM Holy Eucharist and Healing Service 7 PM EfM, Adult Choir Rehearsal
Thursday, May 9 5:30 PM Yoga at COR (Gathering Place)