Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone indebted to us.
And do not bring us to the time of trial.
Luke 11:2b-4, NRSV.
• Peaceable Kingdom VBS starts this coming Monday, July 29, and will take place at Immanuel Lutheran Church. If you have some free time on Sunday afternoon, consider joining other volunteers for the set-up process, which begins at 2:45 pm. Please pray for the program that it will be rich with God’s peace and grace.
• Our Children’s Worship program is in need of volunteers, especially teen-aged volunteers. Anyone who enjoys sharing God’s story with little ones should consider this opportunity to serve. Contact Elizabeth Floyd for more information about this wonderful program, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Some upcoming dates to mark on your calendar:
> Sunday, August 18, a blessing of the backpacks during the 10:30 service.
> Sunday, August 25, our kick-off event for the coming year of Christian formation. We’ll be taking photographs for updating the parish directory and passing out name-tags as part of our call to hospitality. Immediately following the 10:30 service, bring your swimsuits, lawn chairs, and a dish of food to share to the lakeside home of Camilla Cathcart, 180 Bloodworth Road, Waterloo, SC. We’ll celebrate new beginnings with a potluck lunch and fun in the sun.
> Also Sunday, August 25 at 6:00 PM there will be an informational meeting about the Resurrection Foundation in Emmaus Hall. All are invited. The church will provide refreshments, so please RSVP to the parish office at 223-5426 or email@example.com.
• It is not too early to seek sponsors for our Thanksgiving Day Race to be Thankful. We could use an enthusiastic, charismatic and possibly well-connected person to help obtain sponsors from area businesses and companies. If this sounds like you and you are willing to help, please contact Kim Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 344-8009. Compensation includes a free t shirt and a great amount of appreciation.
• Pastoral Care in Transition: Fr. Bolle will be available for our pastoral needs throughout his time as our interim rector. You may reach him by phone at 864-554-3240 or email at email@example.com.
Thursday, July 25 5:30 PM Yoga at COR (Gathering Place)
Saturday, July 27 9 AM Altar Guild Preparations
This Sunday, July 28
8:30 AM Holy Eucharist I 9:30 AM Adult Choir Rehearsal 10:30 AM Holy Eucharist II
Monday, July 29
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM VBS @ Immanuel Lutheran Church 5:30 PM Yoga at COR (Gathering Place)
Tuesday, July 30 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM VBS @ Immanuel Lutheran Church
Wednesday, July 31
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM VBS @ Immanuel Lutheran Church 9:30 AM Rafters Mailing 10:00 AM Holy Eucharist and Healing Service
Thursday, August 1
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM VBS @ Immanuel Lutheran Church 5:30 PM Yoga at COR (Gathering Place) Parrish Office Closed
Friday, August 2 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM VBS @ Immanuel Lutheran Church Parish Office Closed