|STRONG START TO SPRING
Off the Rails - Market Highlight
Special Store Cattle Sale - Friday 2nd Sept 2016 (1760 head)
Another good yarding and field of buyers from the local area, northern tablelands and west for the first sale of spring at TRLX today. There’s still no sign of the market slowing down with water no problem and Spring shaping up as one of the best for many years.
Cows and calves set another new high of $2850, up from $2800 last week. The top price was Limo x cows, 5-8 years with calves at foot by Limo and Angus bulls and PTIC to Limo bulls to commence calving December. They were sold by NLP on account PR & WJ McCulloch, Jasamir.
The steer market was dearer with yearling steers selling to $1410, up from $1250 last sale, and vealer steers selling to $1240 , up from $1110 two weeks ago, for Hereford x weaners, 6-9 months, sold by B&S on account D & P McDonald.
- An outstanding run of Angus, Santa & Angus x Santa steers (pictured below) sold by DCM & G&C on account Muliana Pastoral Co sold to $1410 for the Santa x Angus and $1400 for the Santa steers;
- Shorthorn steers (pictured below), Spry blood, approximately 180-250 kg sold by ELD on account RIFA Salutary Pastoral Co, “Kooroon” Nundle sold to $1380;
- Angus/Angus x steers, 8-14 months, in store condition, sold by B&S on account J O Brien sold to $1210;
- Angus steers sold by PPA on account Daniel Harrington made $1190; and
- Charolais x weaner steers, 6-8 months, sold by PPA on account Russell Partnership, “Brubri” Manilla made $1000.
Yearling heifers sold to $1160 for station bred Hereford heifers sold by DCM on account Muliana Pastoral Co. Weaner heifers sold to $960 for Charolais x weaners, 6-8 months, started on the oats and sold by PPA on account Russell Partnership, “Brubri” Manilla.
Other highlights included:
COWS & CALVES
- Angus x heifers sold by DCM on account Muliana Pastoral Co made $1070;
- Angus x yearling heifers sold by ELD on account Belfield made $1010; and
- Charolais x vealer heifers sold by ELD on account Belfield made $830.
Cows and calves sold to $2850 for the Limo x cows and calves sold by NLP. Other highlights included
- Angus x cows, 8-9 years, CAF by Limo bulls and PTIC to Limo bulls to commence calving November/December sold by NLP on account PR & WJ McCulloch made $2725; and
- Angus cows and calves, 3-6 years, CAF 1-2 months, Wattletop blood sold by NLP on account CV Pastoral made $2400.
PTIC cows sold to $1680, up from $1500 last sale, for Angus cows (pictured below) sold by DCM on account NGD Enterprises. Other highlights included:
Check out our Facebook page facebook.com/tamworthregionallivestockexchange for more photos and for live posting while the sale is in progress.
- PTIC red tag cows been running with Angus & Charbray bulls sold by DCM on account NGD Enterprises made $1520;
- Angus cows, blue tag PTIC to Booragul bulls, sold by G&C on account Grant Family Pastoral made $1240.
NEXT STORE SALE
FRIDAY 16th SEPTEMBER
DCM expected to offer another 250 cows & calves and cows
on account NGD Enterprises.