|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 20th February, 2017
Total yarding - 1375 (1120)
(NB. Figures in brackets are prices/numbers from our last sale)
What a difference a week makes with the weekend storms to settle the dust and the cooler temperatures a welcome relief. Some very good vealers on offer today nudged 400c/kg and the feature in the cows was a run of almost 200 store cows offered by PPA on account Nalorac Pastoral, Armidale.
It was also great to see Damon Holmes and Lisa Sharp from Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) at TRLX today. Damon is in charge of the National Livestock Reporting Service (NLRS) and Lisa is one of the “head honchos” in marketing and communications. Lisa is passionate about getting information out to producers so we’ll be thinking about how we can also help to do that. Ultimately, the aim is to improve adoption of the enormous amount of marketing information available through MLA – and promoting the fun stuff like the latest Dame Edna campaign encouraging women to eat more beef.
Vealer steers sold to 393c/kg (385c/kg), yearlings to 368c/kg (367c/kg) and grown steers sold to 317c/kg (320c/kg). Highlights included:
Vealer heifers sold to 360c/kg (360c/kg), yearlings sold to 345c/kg (349c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 306c/kg (300c/kg). Highlights included:
- Charolais vealer steers sold by IML on account P & R Marheine, “Joselands”, Willow Tree made 349c/kg and averaged 332kg/$1158 with the black calves making 346c/kg and averaging 338kg/$1169;
- Angus vealer steers (pictured below left) sold by G&C on account Bretandra sold to 393c/kg and averaged 320kg/ $1257;
- Vealer steers sold by G&C on account Bernau Station sold to 387c/kg with the heaviest calves making 350c/kg and averaging365kg/$1277;
- Simmental steers sold by PPA on account of DA & HF Alywin sold to 320c/kg and averaged 507kg/$1622;
- Yearling steers (pictured middle below) sold by B&S on account Phil and Di Lambeth sold to 288c/kg and averaged 628kg/$1808 with the heavier steers making 285c/kg and averaging 666kg/$1890;
- Hereford steers sold by G&C on account Davis made 297c/kg and averaged 649kg/$1927; and
- Hereford steers (pictured below right) sold by IML on account Kimberley Grange Pastoral Co made 290c/kg and averaged 693kg/$2009.
- Charolais x vealer heifers (pictured below left) sold by IML on account P & R Marheine, “Joselands”, Willow Tree made 345c/kg and averaged 313kg/$1079 with the black calves making 340c/kg and averaging 301kg/$1079;
- Angus vealer heifers sold by G&C on account of Bernau Station made 360c/kg and averaged 313kg/$1126; and
- Angus x yearling heifers (pictured below middle) sold by CP on account HJ & NT Robards sold to 312c/kg and averaged 369kg/$1151 with the heavier heifers making 301c/kg and averaging 425kg/$1279.
Cows sold to 236c/kg (237c/kg) for Charolais x cows sold by PPA on account Nalorac Pastoral, Armidale. They came back at 458kg/$1081.
They were in a run of almost 200 mixed age cows (pictured above) sold on account of the one vendor. They’d been running with the Angus bulls since mid-October and the heavier Angus cows made 233c/kg and averaged 586kg/$1365.
Bulls sold to 274c/kg (310c/kg) for re-stocker bulls to 450kg and 600+kg bulls sold to 257c/kg (260c/kg).
NEXT STORE SALE
Friday 24th February
For the latest advertising for Friday sale
Check The Land (Thursday), Northern Daily Leader (Wed), tamworthsellingagents.com.au or find us on our new Facebook page under facebook.com/tamworthsellingagents
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page