|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 10th October, 2016
Total yarding = 1775 (1200)
(NB. Figures in brackets are last week's prices/numbers)
Warmer weather and recent rainfall reflected in Tamworth market
The first sale at Tamworth for 2 weeks today following the Public Holiday last week. Recent rain and warmer temperatures are starting to be reflected in the weight and condition of cattle, although tablelands graziers say that they are still probably another 6 weeks behind after a very wet and cold winter.
Vealer steers sold to 445c/kg (470c/kg), yearlings sold to 450c/kg (431c/kg) and grown steers sold to 378c/kg (375c/kg). Highlights included:
Vealer heifers sold to 396c/kg (370c/kg), yearlings sold to 403c/kg (394c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 359c/kg (367c/kg). Highlights included:
- Steers sold by DCM on account of R & G Ottery made 426c/kg and averaged 311kg/$1327;
- Limo steers sold by IML on account of JC & GJ Gilchrist made 422c/kg and averaged 319kg/$1346;
- Limo x yearling steers sold by IML on account of Green made 400c/kg and averaged 356kg/$1424;
- Shorthorn steers (pictured above middle) sold by IML on account of RB & MJ Cox made 394c/kg and averaged 380kg/$1496;
- Angus steers sold by PPA on account of D White, Limbri made 390c/kg and averaged 415kg/$1621;
- Steers (pictured above left) sold by CP on account of Alex Lordanic, Nowendoc made 385c/kg and averaged 435kg/$1675;
- Charolais x steers sold by PSPF on account of Dennis Wall made 338c/kg and averaged 608kg/$2024;
- Angus steers sold by LMK on account Collett, Narrabri made 380c/kg and averaged 537kg/$2040; and
- Angus x steers (pictured above right) sold by LMK on account of S & K Newsome made 350c/kg and averaged 586kg/$2053.
Cows sold to 277c/kg (288c/kg) for an outstanding run of Angus cows (pictured above right) sold by PPA on account of Warongah Pty Ltd, Manilla. They came back at 640kg/$1775 with another pen making 275c/kg and averaging 684kg/$1884. Other highlights included:
- Limo heifers sold by IML on account of JC & GJ Gilchrist made 390c/kg and averaged 300kg/$1170;
- Hereford heifers (pictured below left) sold by CP on account of Riamukka, Nowendoc made 388c/kg and averaged 311kg/$1206;
- Angus heifers (pictured below middle) sold by IML on account of Advantage Grain Services made 380c/kg and averaged 367kg/$1395;
- Angus heifers sold by CP on account of D Gowing, Tamworth made 370c/kg and averaged 415kg/$1536;
- A single heifer sold by PPA on account Frank Fallowfield made 320c/kg and came back at 664kg/$2124.
Bulls sold to 358c/kg (295c/kg). Highlights included:
- Santa cows sold by PPA for F & A Fallowfield, Hallsville made 268c/kg and averaged 692kg/$1854.
- A Santa bull sold by PPA on account Frank Fallowfield made 292c/kg and came back at 1035kg/$3024.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 14th October - selling starts at 11am
Special Store Cattle Sale
2000 cattle expected.
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).