|Off the Rails - Market Highlight
New Year Store Cattle Sale
Friday 13th January 2017
1700 + progeny
Store stock start strong
There was a very good line up of cattle at TRLX today for the New Year Store sale with newly elected President of the TLSAA, Patrick Purtle saying it was a fantastic start to the year with people very excited about quality, vendor bred, heavy steer weaners making over $1200 and heifers making close to that, adding that secondary quality cattle were “just a bit more viable”, giving everyone the opportunity to get back into the market.
Watch Patrick’s market wrap on our new Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tamworthsellingagents
Yearling steers sold to $1350 ($1420 last sale), for Angus/Angus x yearling steers (pictured below left) sold by CPL on account Rachel Starrett, Gloucester. Outstanding quality Autumn drop, EU accredited Angus and Angus x weaner steers (pictured below middle) sold by Pitt Sons on account AW & JY Gaudron, “Meadowbank” Yarrowitch were a feature of the younger cattle, topping at $1310. Other good results included:
- Angus steers (pictured below right), straight off their mums, sold by B&S on account J O’Brien, Limbri made $1265;
- May-June drop, Limo x Angus and Limo x Shorthorn weaner steers by Junction stud bulls sold by IML on account Mataphouri Pastoral Co sold to $1255;
- Excellent quality Limo x Angus steer weaners sold by DCM on account NJ & JM Crane, “Tora” Coonabarabran made $1170; and
- Autumn drop Angus weaners sold by CP on account D & E Blanch, Gloucester made $1120.
- Yearling heifers sold to $1190 ($1200) for the heifer portion of the Mataphouri weaners (pictured below left) sold by IML.
- EU accredited Angus and Angus x weaner heifers sold by Pitt Sons on account Gaudron, Yarrowitch sold to $1110;
- Top quality Angus weaners, 10-12 months in fresh condition sold by PPA on account Glister Pty Ltd made $1085; Angus x Hereford heifers sold G&C made $1020; and
- 14 month old Angus heifers sold by CP on account Blanch, Gloucester made $1010.
COWS/HEIFERS & CALVES
Cows and calves sold to $2200 ($2700) for Angus x cows with Charolais steer calves at foot (pictures above middle) sold by IML on account Christine Caban with similar cows and calves sold on account Kieron Caban making $1960. Other highlights included:
A single Charolais cow and calf sold by B&S made $2075; and
Angus cows and calves sold by CPL on account Blanch, Gloucester made $1900.
COWS & PTIC
Some very good quality PTIC heifers with Red tag PTIC black South Devon heifers (pictured above right) sold by PPA on account of Kildare Grazing making $1800; and thumping big heifers, PTIC to low birthweight Farrer Angus bulls sold by G&C on account Bretandra made $1650.
Check out our Facebook page facebook.com/tamworthsellingagents for more photos and for live posting while the sale is in progress.
NEXT STORE SALE
1500 cattle expected