|Off the Rails - Market Highlight
Special Store Cattle Sale
Friday 27th January 2017
Coastal cattle steal limelight
Half of the nation may have been on a ‘sickie’ today but not our agents. Although cattle numbers were down on last sale there was another good line up with good runs of locally bred steers. But it was the “coastal cattle” that produced the best results with steers and cows and calves from Gloucester bringing top dollar and continuing good prices for eastern fall cattle that have been consistently some of the best to come through TRLX this year.
Watch Ben Goodman's market wrap on our new Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tamworthsellingagents
Yearling steers sold to $1460 ($1350 last sale), for well grown Angus steers sold by CP on account Shultz, “Bretti Creek”, Gloucester. Howard Shultz (pictured below with wife Jennie and Amy and Anthony) says that the price was well above expectations and an excellent result that will see him continue to sell through TRLX. Weaner steers sold to $1270 for Limo x Angus and Limo x Shorthorn weaner steers by Junction stud bulls sold by IML on account Mataphouri Pastoral Co – another great result for the Harrington family from Yarrowitch. Other good results in the steers included:
- Angus weaner steers sold by DCM on account Lyndcote Holdings sold to $1080;
- Yearling Angus steers sold by CP on account M & J Andrews made $1120;
- Crossbred steers sold by Garvin and Cousens on account Mulliana Pastoral Co made $1140; and
- Good growthy, Euro yearling steers sold by PPA on account G & D Jarrett made $1370.
The heifers mainly comprised weaners with top price of $1020 for good quality Angus x heifers (pictured below left), weaned, drenched and vaccinated and sold by G&C on account Muliana Pastoral Co. Yearling heifers sold to $1000 ($1190). Highlights included:
- Angus weaner heifers sold by CP made $940;
- Angus weaner heifers sold by DCM on account Lyndcote Holdings made $1010; and
- Santa x heifers (pictured below middle), weaned and sold by DCM on account Muliana Pastoral Co sold to $1000.
COWS/HEIFERS & CALVES
Cows and calves sold to $2100 ($2200) for Angus x cows with big weaner calves at foot. They were sold by CP on account G Whitall, Gloucester. Greg Whittall sold 90 Angus and Angus x cows (pictured above right) with 2-3 month old calves at foot and all re-joined to Angus bulls. The next best pen made $2010.
COWS & PTIC
A handful of PTIC cows sold to $1440 for blue tag Angus cows sold by CP on account G Whittall.
Check out our Facebook page facebook.com/tamworthsellingagents for more photos and for live posting while the sale is in progress.
NEXT STORE SALE
1500 cattle expected