|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 10th April, 2017
Total yarding - 2019 (1789)
(NB. Figures in brackets are prices/numbers from our last sale)
Market finishes strong ahead of two week break
Another very strong sale today following the hugely successful Virbac Weaner Challenge and Feature Sale last Friday. Numbers were up, as was quality, with DCM and Pitt Sons selling some very good cattle. Market trends varied with the best gains for heavier young steers, heifer weaners to re-stock and heavy yearling steers. There is no sale next week due to Easter. The next sale is our Special Store Cattle Sale on Friday 21st April with normal prime cattle sales to commence on Monday 24th April. Wishing all our clients a safe and happy Easter.
Please note: Due to technical problems this week the highlight does not include weights for all pens. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Vealer steers sold to 420c/kg (458c/kg), yearlings to 379c/kg (380c/kg) and grown steers to 320c/kg (352c/kg). Highlights included:
- Lightweight weaner steers sold by B&S on account Christopher Gainey made 420c/kg;
- Angus weaner steers sold by LMK on account PH Partnership, Walcha made 381c/kg;
- Santa yearling steers sold by G&C on account Steinbeck topped at 362c/kg;
- Milk tooth Santa steers (pictured above left) sold by PPA on account Boolarong Pastoral Co made 349c/kg with the lighter brothers making 352c/kg;
- Heavy steers (pictured above middle) sold by Pitt Sons on account Bazeley made 340c/kg. Angus steers from the same vendor made 356c/kg and averaged and the Herefords made 350c/kg.
- Beautiful young bullocks sold by PPA sold on account Boolarong Pastoral Co made 302c/kg;
- Outstanding quality, July /August drop Angus and black baldy steers (pictured above right) sold by DCM on account of RS & DM Hobden topped at 384c/kg and averaged 352kg/$1351;
- Angus steers sold by DCM on account Mulianna made 348c/kg and averaged 455kg/$1586;
- Angus yearling steers sold by DCM on account West made 343c/kg and averaged 480kg/$1645; and
- DCM kicked off the sale today with some excellent quality steers sold on account Dave Dumble making 341c/kg and averaging 506kg/$1727.
Vealer heifers sold to 380c/kg (376c/kg), yearlings to 349c/kg (347c/kg) and grown heifers to 310c/kg (314c/kg). Highlights included:
- Charolais and Angus weaner heifers sold by LMK on account AJ & NL Miller made 371c/kg;
- Beautiful Angus and Angus x heifers (pictured above left) sold by LMK on account PH Partnership, Walcha made 366c/kg;
- Angus weaner heifers sold by CP on account Leanne Summers made 362c/kg;
- Angus weaner heifers sold by DCM on account Ferris made 360c/kg;
- Angus weaner heifers sold by CP on account Natalie Hope made 350c/kg;
- Milk tooth Angus x Hereford heifers sold by DCM on account Reid made 338c/kg and averaged 380kg/$1286;
- Hereford heifers (pictured above middle) sold by Pitt Sons on account of Walcha vendor topped at 338c/kg; and
- Hereford yearling heifers sold by NLP on account Swanton Pastoral Co sold to 329c/kg.
Cows sold to 249c/kg (254c/kg). Highlights included:
Bulls sold to 308c/kg (298c/kg) for 600+kg bulls and 348c/kg (370c/kg) for re-stocker bulls up to 450kg.
- Hereford cows (pictured above right) sold by NLP on account Swanton Pastoral Co made 249c/kg;
- Heavy Hereford cows sold by LMK on account Rutherford, Walcha made 242c/kg;
- Hereford cows sold by Landmark on account Grant Family Pastoral topped at 238c/kg; and
- Angus/Angus x cows sold by PPA on account Wards Mistake PC made 237c/kg.
Friday 21st April - 3000 quality cattle expected
Special Store Cattle Sale
Including the following feature lines:
A/c Mirrabooka, Walcha (Pitt) - 200 m/s Angus x weaners
A/c R H Haling, Reedy Creek Herefords (LMK) – Major herd reduction including 100 PTIC cows, 100 PTIC heifers and 50 x 50 heifers and calves representing over 40 years of breeding.
Friday 5th May - 4000 quality cattle expected
Peel Valley Machinery Feature Weaner Sale and Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service Tag a Calf Sale
Featuring outstanding annual drafts from the tablelands
For the latest advertising for Friday sale
Check The Land (Thursday), Northern Daily Leader (Wed), tamworthsellingagents.com.au or find us on our new Facebook page under facebook.com/tamworthsellingagents
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page