|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 5th September, 2016
Total yarding = 675 (770)
(NB. Figures in brackets are last week's prices/numbers)
Wet weather impacts on cattle numbers as lambs steal the spotlight .
Recent rain contributed to a drop in numbers again this week after a big week last week at TRLX with agents and buyers saying that it may be another 4 weeks before numbers start to build again. The MLA quoted the market as firm to cheaper but, once again, returns are still way up compared to previous years. With the industry abuzz over recent record cattle prices, lambs stole the show at TRLX today at the 8th
annual Spring Lamb and Feature Sale and presentation of the JV Goodwin Memorial Shield to Barton Partnership, “Dunreath” Garoo.
Vealer steers sold to 415c/kg (no quote last week), yearlings sold to 420c/kg (428c/kg)and grown steers sold to 344c/kg (377c/kg). Highlights included:
Vealer heifers sold to 367c/kg (370c/kg), yearlings sold to 380c/kg (390c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 344c/kg (354c/kg). Highlights included:
- Steers sold by G&C on account of PJ & SA Tydd (pictured above) made 339c/kg and averaged 592kg/$2006;
- Hereford steers (pictured below) sold by Pitt Sons on account of Chris Lisle made 340c/kg and averaged 589kg/$2002;
- Angus yearling steers sold by CP on account DJ & SA Stewart made 382c/kg and averaged 449kg/$1717;
- Angus x yearling steers sold by CP on account Tim Weekes made 382c/kg and averaged $1626;
- Steers sold by G&C on account of JJ & TJ Daly and Son made 370c/kg and averaged 428kg/$1583;
- Vealer steers sold by ELD on account Gordon Campbell made 392c/kg and averaged 303kg/$1187 with the lighter steers making 415c/kg and averaging 256kg/$1062; and
- Angus yearling steers (pictured below) sold by B&S on account Kirton Partnership, Walcha made 420c/kg and averaged 262kg/$1100.
Cows sold to 286c/kg (284c/kg) for an estimated top price of $1800
- Charolais yearling heifers (pictured below) sold by CP on account Glenview Partnership made 354c/kg and averaged 396kg/$1402;
- Angus yearling heifers from the same vendor made 357c/kg and averaged 389kg/$1389; and
- Vealer heifers sold by ELD on account Gordon Campbell made 379c/kg and averaged 224kg/$848.
Bulls sold to 291c/kg (279c/kg) for an estimated top price of $2700.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 16th September - selling starts at 11am
Special Store Cattle Sale
1500-2000 quality cattle expected
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).