|NUMBERS UP & MARKET FIRM
STORE CATTLE SALE
MARKET HIGHLIGHT - Friday 8th July 2016 (2180 head)
Numbers increased by almost 50% on the previous store sale two weeks ago with just under 2200 cattle yarded. The market was firm to slightly dearer.
- Angus vealer steers sold by CPL for Brookvale Partnership made $1000;
- Excellent quality 7-8 month old Hereford weaners (pictured top left) sold by B&S on account 3EW Singles Creek sold to $970;
- Well bred, excellent quality Angus and Angus x weaners in store condition sold by G&C on account M&T Gooch, “Jimarie”, Wallabadah sold to $945;
- Limousin, Charolais and Angus x weaners, 6-8 months sold by G&C on account G White sold to $900;
- 6-8 month old EU accredited steer weaners sold by ELD on account Glenungra Park sold to $860;
- Yearling steers sold to $1200 for Angus yearling steers sold by LMK on account Rapco;
- Angus steers sold by DCM on account GS & SM Weatherley (pictured top right) made $1060; and
- Older steers sold to $1130 and were sold by IML on account Steven Hughes.
COWS & CALVES
- Hereford weaner heifers sold by B&S on account 3EW, Single Creek sold to $885;
- Euro heifers sold by G&C sold to $860;
- Vealer heifers sold by ELD on account Crown State Pastoral, Faverhsam, Merriwa made $830;
- The heifer portion of the Gooch weaners sold by G&C sold to $775;
- Jan-Feb drop Angus weaner heifers (pictured below left) sold by ELD on account Trenton West, Guyra made $610;
- Yearling heifers sold to $1000 and were sold by DCM; and
- Crossbred heifers sold by IML on account Seolta Pty Ltd, Loomberah sold to $920.
A very limited numbers of cows and calves sold to $1800 for Angus cows with big calves at foot sold by IML on account Bolger and McDermott.
PTIC were also in short supply with PTIC cows selling to $1040 for mixed age Angus and Shorthorn x cows, PTIC to Angus bulls to calve from 1/8/16 for 9 weeks. They were sold by Pitt Sons on account P Muusers, ‘Fallsview” Walcha. PTIC heifers sold to $1350 for Glenavon blood Angus heifers (pictured above right), 2 yrs, PTIC to low birth weight stud Angus bulls to calve from 1st
September. They were sold by NLP on account Jackson Pastoral, Guyra.
Bulls sold to $1960 for a stud Charolais bull, Branch View Ford Steel blood sold by NLP on account Jackson Pastoral.
Check out our Facebook page facebook.com/tamworthregionallivestockexchange for more photos.