|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 5th December, 2016
Total yarding - 1300 (1805)
(NB. Figures in brackets are last week's prices/numbers)
Hot weather hits
Numbers dropped this week, despite expectations of a slightly bigger yarding following several days of intense heat across the slopes and plains, and the market remained largely unchanged from last week.
Vealer steers sold to NQ (449c/kg), yearlings to 391c/kg (411c/kg) and grown steers sold to 327c/kg (333c/kg). Highlights included:
Vealer heifers sold to 342c/kg (401c/kg), yearlings sold to 334c/kg (363c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 305c/kg (302c/kg). Highlights included:
- Angus steers (pictured below left) sold by DCM on account RT & L Wilson made 391c/kg and averaged 293kg/$1145;
- Angus and Angus x steers sold by CP on account Bykowski made 328c/kg and averaged 391kg/$1278;
- Angus yearling steers sold by IML on account Retaru sold to 352c/kg and averaged 401kg/$1411. Heavier steers from the same vendor made 339c/kg and averaged 427kg/$1447; and
- Angus steers (pictured below) sold by Pitt Sons on account Maryland made 303c/kg and averaged 610kg/$1842.
Cows sold to 243c/kg (248c/kg). Highlights included:
- Angus heifers (pictured below left), straight off their mothers, sold by NLP on account Ron Sheehan made 342c/kg and averaged 322kg/$1100;
- Heifers sold by DCM on account Greenaway made 320c/kg and averaged 368kg/$1177:
- Charolais yearling heifers sold by G&C on account Avard made 325c/kg and averaged 365kg/$1186;
- Milk tooth heifers sold by DCM on account Forest Lodge made 321c/kg and averaged 353kg/$1246;
- Angus x yearling heifers sold by CP on account Talmine sold to 327c/kg for the lighter heifers and 310c/kg for the heavier heifers. They averaged 370kg/$1209 while the heavier came back at 394kg/$1288;
- Angus x heifers (pictured below middle) sold by Pitt Sons on account Salter made 295c/kg and averaged 550kg/$1622
- Angus cows sold by G&C on account Grant Family Pastoral made 234c/kg and averaged 568kg/$1329;
- Santa cows (pictured above right) sold by G&C on account Davison Partnership made 236c/kg and averaged 595kg/$1404; and
- Cows sold by G&C on account Dc & FL McLean made 236c/kg and came back at 715kg/$1687.
Bull numbers halved from last week with 35 selling to 260c/kg (269c/kg).
Last store sale 2016 - Friday 9th December
Last prime sale 2016 - Monday 19th December
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
First prime sale 2017 - Monday 9th January
First store sale 2017 - Friday 13th January
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 9th December - selling starts at 11am
End of Year Special Store Cattle Sale
2000-2500 cattle expected.
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).