|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 12th September, 2016
Total yarding = 1290 (675)
(NB. Figures in brackets are last week's prices/numbers)
Quality weaners hit 450c/kg and heavy steers and heifers make over $2000.
Numbers more than doubled this week with a corresponding improvement in quality and more heavy cattle on offer. Young cattle hit a new high of 450c/kg for Angus steer weaners (pictured below) sold by NLP on account Roger and Geraldine Bomford, “Cotswold” Barraba. Selling agent, Angus Newcombe described them as 7-9 months of age, yard weaned, well handled, vaccinated and drenched, by Clunie Range and Bowen stud Angus bulls. The heifer portion sold to 411c/kg for the lighter calves.
Vealer steers sold to 450c/kg (415c/kg), yearlings sold to 402c/kg (420c/kg) and grown steers sold to 375c/kg (344c/kg). Highlights included:
Vealer heifers sold to 411c/kg (367c/kg), yearlings sold to 389c/kg (380c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 344c/kg (344c/kg). Highlights included:
- Angus x steers sold by Pitt on account G & S Guerrini made 434c/kg and averaged 170kg/$740;
- The weaner steers sold by NLP on account Bomford made 450c/kg and averaged 217kg/$975;
- Hereford steers sold by LMK on account Michael Tanner made 393c/kg and averaged 336kg/$1320;
- Charolais steers sold by LMK on account Boydell made 390c/kg and averaged 375kg/$1462;
- Yearling Angus steers sold by ELD on account Zeals sold to 384c/kg with the heaviest making 372c/kg and averaging 504kg/$1875;
- Angus steers (pictured below left) sold by PPA on account Doug White made 351c/kg and averaged 518kg/$1818;
- Heavy feeder steers sold by CP on account DJ & SA Stewart made 375c/kg and averaged 561kg/$2105. A second pen from the same vendors made 381c/kg and averaged 521kg/$1988;
- Yearling steers sold by CP on account Mrs PF Balcombe made 373c/kg and averaged 588kg/$2196;
- Heavy steers sold by DCM made 310c/kg and averaged 767kg/$2379; and
- Angus x steers (pictured below right) sold by LMK on account Robert Dunshea made 344c/kg and averaged 719kg/$2473.
Cows sold to 290c/kg (286c/kg). Hihglights included:
- Angus weaner heifers sold by Pitt on account of G & S Guerrini made 428c/kg and averaged 185kg/$795;
- Angus vealer heifers sold by DCM on account Moonebah sold to 390c/kg and averaged 229kg/$893 with a total of 70 heifers averaging 395c/kg;
- Angus weaner heifers sold by NLP on account Bomford sold to 411c/kg and averaged 203kg/$835 with the heavier heifers making 395c/kg and averaging 270kg/$1067;
- Charolais x feeder heifers sold by PPA on account of EN Allen made 368c/kg and averaged 349kg/$1284;
- Angus/Angus x heifers (pictured below right) sold by PPA for Steve Allott made 371c/kg and averaged 336kg/$1209;
- Angus yearling heifers (pictured below middle) sold by IML on account Lockaway made 364c/kg and averaged 368kg/$1340;
- Angus heifers (pictured below left) sold by PPA on account Gavin and Beck Groth made 360c/kg and averaged 374kg/$1342;
- Charolais heifers sold by LMK on account of Boydell made 378c/kg and averaged 366kg/$1383
- Angus x heifers sold by Pitt on account of GR & BLA Brazel made 335c/kg and averaged 506kg/$1698;
- Heifers sold by CP on account Coster made 312c/kg and averaged 615kg/$1920; and
- Charolais heifers sold by CP on account of RA & SE Wilson made 308c/kg and averaged 753kg/$2321.
- Angus cows sold by IML on account Lockkaway made 270c/kg and came back at 732kg/$1979; and
- Charolais cows sold by CP on account RA & SE Wilson made 280c/kg and averaged 675kg/$1891.
Bulls sold to 299c/kg (291c/kg) for a top price of $3155 for an Angus bull sold by NLP on account R & G Bomford “Cotsowld” Barraba .
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 16th September - selling starts at 11am
Special Store Cattle Sale
1500-2000 quality cattle expected
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).