|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 11th July, 2016
Total yarding =1070
GOOD TIMES CONTINUE AS TOP STEERS MAKE OVER $2000 AND FEMALES HOLD FIRM TO DEARER.
Numbers were down today with the very strong marketing continuing with the best results for lightweight vealer steers, heavy yearling steers and heifers and feeder steers.
Vealer steers sold to 384c/kg (398c/kg), yearlings sold to 377c/kg (388c/kg) and grown steers sold to 378c/kg (372c/kg).
Vealer heifers sold to 342c/kg (353c/kg), yearlings sold to 358c/kg (358c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 315c/kg (340c/kg).
- Yearling Angus steers (pictured top left) sold by LMK on account Chaffey, Somerton sold to 378c/kg and the top pen averaged 509kg/$1925;
- Angus x steers sold by PSPF on account Tremorn Pastoral Co made 353c/kg and averaged 517kg/$1825 with the lighter steers making 370c/kg and averaging 464kg/$1716;
- Angus feeder steers sold by CP on account BA Wood sold to 355c/kg and averaged 479kg/$1700 with the heavier steers making 350c/kg and averaging 493kg/$1725;
- Hereford steers sold by PSPF on account RJ & HA Mansfield made 355c/kg and averaged 434kg/$1504;
- Hereford steers sold by CP on account Robert Wilson made 349c/kg and averaged 421kg/$1469;
- Angus x feeder steers sold by CP on account RJ Laurie made 368c/kg and averaged 395kg/$1453;
- Heavy bullocks (pictured top right) sold by CP on account A & Kl Aceti made 323c/kg and averaged 685kg/$2212;
- Heavy steers sold by CP on account HJ & GI Higgins made 315c/kg and averaged 650kg/$2047;
- Angus steers sold by PSPF on account Kambalah made 372c/kg and averaged 263kg/ $978 with Angus x steers from the same vendor making 372c/kg and averaging 282kg/$1051; and
- Vealer steers sold by CP on account Camilleri made 384c/kg and averaged 172kg/$660.
- Outstanding Angus heifers (pictured below left) sold by PPA on account DBC & EA Ross, Niangala topped at 355c/kg and averaged 357kg/$1267 with the lighter heifers making 350c/kg and coming back at 312kg/$1092;
- Angus heifers sold by PSPF on account TD Watson made 349c/kg and averaged 389kg/$1357;
- Hereford heifers (pictured below right) sold by ELD on account Peter and Tim Smith made 356c/kg and averaged 397kg/$1413;
- Heifers sold by PSPF on account PF & MA Stuart made 339c/kg and averaged 428kg/$1450;
- Charolais heifers sold by CP on account Robert Wilson made 349c/kg and averaged 421kg/$1469; and
- Shorthorn heifers sold by CP on account Robert Wilson made 349c/kg and averaged 473kg/$1651.
Cows sold to 277c/kg (286c/kg). Highlights included:
- Charolais cows sold by DCM on account WJ & JM Brazel made 275c/kg and averaged 605kg/$1664; and
- A single Shorthorn cow sold by PSPF made 276c/kg and came back at 701kg/$1961.
Bulls sold to 298c/kg (299c/kg) for an estimated top price of $2745.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 22nd July - selling starts at 11am
Special Store Cattle Sale
1200-1500 quality cattle expected.
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).