|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 2nd July
Total yarding =1700
MARKET MAINTAINS GROUND.
Numbers were up by about 400 today with the market still very strong although increases weren’t as significant for yearling cattle after last week’s huge jump. The best results were for younger re-stocker heifers where good demand saw prices rise up to 20c/kg and a pen of vealer steers sold by B&S almost cracked 400c/kg, the third time this year that young cattle prices have reached this level.
Vealer steers sold to 398c/kg (370c/kg), yearlings sold to 388c/kg (387c/kg) and grown steers sold to 372c/kg (380c/kg).
Vealer heifers sold to 353c/kg (353c/kg), yearlings sold to 358c/kg (375c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 340c/kg (350c/kg).
- Angus vealer steers sold by B&S on account Scott Baker made 398c/kg at an estimated 187kg/$745;
- Angus vealer steers sold by ELD on account Crown State Pastoral, Merriwa made 379c/kg and averaged 213kg/$809;
- Angus steers sold by PPA on account Springsure Partnership sold to 388c/kg for the lightest pens and averaging 232kg/$900 and the heavier pen making 370c/kg and averaging 308kg/$1140;
- Angus steers sold by PPA on account J Fletcher & Son sold to 371c/kg and averaged 343kg/$1272;
- Angus steers (pictured top) sold by PPA on account EC & JE Clarke made 374c/kg and averaged 363kg/$1357 with the lighter pen making 383c/kg and averaging 317kg/$1214;
- IML sold an outstanding run of yearling steers (pictured top) started on grain on account Peter and Betty Doyle, Willow Tree. The Charolais sold to 371c/kg with the heaviest making 361c/kg and averaging 471kg/$1702 and the Red Angus sold to 370c/kg and averaged 408kg/$1511;
- Yearling steers sold by CP on account Uplands made 370c/kg and averaged 432kg/$1600;
- Angus/Angus x yearling steers sold by CP on account David Levingston made 370c/kg and averaged 470kg/$1742;
- Heavy steers (pictured bottom left) sold by Pitt on account G Wall, Walcha made 350c/kg and averaged 534kg/$1869;
- Heavy steers sold by Pitt on account SJ & ML Wall made 349c/kg and averaged 538kg/$1877;
- Bullocks sold by CP on account FW & JH Paterson made 328c/kg and averaged 627kg/$2060; and
- Charolais yearling steers sold by CP for Robert Wilson made 372c/kg and averaged 595kg/$2216, with his 27 steers averaging $2010.
- Charolais x heifers sold by B&S on account Scott Baker made 340c/kg and averaged 190kg/$658;
- Angus heifers sold by ELD on account Caslick made 354c/kg and averaged 363kg/$1287. Lighter heifers from the same vendor made 347c/kg and averaged 223kg/$776;
- Angus heifers sold by PPA on account J Fletcher & Son made 344c/kg and averaged 389kg/$1338;
- Angus heifers sold by CP on account FW & JH Paterson made 275c/kg and averaged 522 kg/$1438; and
- Yearling Angus heifers (pictured bottom right) sold by ELD on account PG & TG Smith sold to 351c/kg, averaging 350ckg/426kg to return $1491.
Cows sold to 286c/kg (289c/kg). Highlights included:
- Shorthorn cows sold by DCM on account I & R Mann made 281c/kg and averaged 533kg/$1498;
- A single Angus cow sold by ELD on account Ingall made 281c/kg and came back at 624kg/$1754; and
- A Santa cow sold by PPA on account F & A Fallowfield made 286c/kg and came back at 796kg/$2276.
Bulls sold to 299c/kg (292c/kg).
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 8th July - selling starts at 11am
Special Store Cattle Sale
1500-2000 quality cattle expected.
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).