|OFF THE RAILS
Tamworth Prime Cattle Market Highlight
Mon 25th July, 2016
Total yarding = 720
(NB. Figures in brackets are last week's prices/numbers)
Reduced yarding sees market firm to dearer.
Numbers were well down this week as increased feed following good rain sees more producers hanging on to their cattle. There was very few cows and heavy cattle with the bulk of the yarding made up of younger feeder cattle with the heifer market once again benefiting from strong demand.
Vealer steers sold to 394c/kg (388c/kg), yearlings sold to 386c/kg (386c/kg) and grown steers sold to 306c/kg (361c/kg).
Vealer heifers sold to 357c/kg (350c/kg), yearlings sold to 355c/kg (360c/kg) and grown heifers sold to 328c/kg (342c/kg).
- Angus steers sold by CP on account HJ & NT Robards made 382c/kg and averaged 340kg/$1298;
- Angus steers (pictured top left) sold by DCM on account Andrew Harries made 386c/kg and averaged 282kg/$1088;
- Steers (pictured top right) sold by G&C on account MW Quirk made 381c/kg and averaged 261kg/$994;
- Hereford/Angus x Hereford steers sold by LMK on account Est MA Halloran made 394c/kg and averaged 176kg/$693; and
- Heavy feeder steers sold by PSPF ona ccount NP & NA Carey made 280c/kg and averaged 625kg/$1748.
- Hereford feeder heifers sold by DCM on account Michael Brogan made 353c/kg and averaged 363kg/$1281;
- Charolais x heifers (pictured bottom left) sold by PSPF on account Richard Faruggia made 355c/kg and averaged 339kg/$1203;
- Yearling heifers (pictured bottom right) sold by G&C on account Bundaleer Pastoral Co made 355c/kg and averaged 337kg/$1196;
- Angus heifers sold by PPA on account DB & EA Ross, Niangala made 349c/kg and averaged 293kg/$1022;
- Hereford heifers sold by CP on account Riamukka Pastoral Co made 336c/kg and averaged 287kg/$966;
- Limo x heifers sold by NLP on account Sheehan made 352c/kg and averaged 255kg/$900; and
- Angus x heifers sold by DCM on account Robert Wilson made 350c/kg and averaged 213kg/$745.
Cows sold to 269c/kg (268c/kg) for an estimated top price of $1530.
Bulls sold to (340c/kg) for an estimated top price of $2484.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
For more photos visit our Facebook page
UPCOMING SALES AT TRLX
Friday 5th August - selling starts at 11am
Special Store Cattle Sale
1200-1500 quality cattle expected.
Contact your preferred TLSAA agent for further details, check our website tamworthsellingagents.com.au or our advertisements in the Northern Daily Leader (Wed & Thurs) and The Land (Thurs).