2020 will be a year no one will forget! The arrival of Covid19 in mid-March brought us to a standstill in bringing our members community events. We were able to get a few things in just before Covid19 arrived and a few more things during the staycation.
• WATER: Rich Corbin was kind enough to continue with E.coli testing this year. Phosphorus testing could not be done this year because the lab wouldn’t process the tests due to COVID, but John Boyce was able to do Secchi depth testing (water clarity). You can see all of the results on our website. Thank you Rich & John for taking on this initiative.
• COMMUNICATIONS: Thanks to Nancy Boyce & Sue Flanagan for keeping our website and social media updated with the many changes that were occurring within our community as businesses reduced services and then increased them again. Our website, https://www.bblca.ca is a great resource where you can always find links to other organizations and everything you need to know.
• SOCIAL EVENTS: BBLCA usually provides many popular social events like the Regatta, Winter Carnival, Movie Night, etc. This year due to social distancing or quarantine we were forced to cancel most of these events with the exception of the Winter Carnival & Chili Cook-off which took place at Glenn and Kim’s house. A special thank you goes to Kim and Glenn for all the support they have given the BBLCA over the years. They have been instrumental in making this organization what it is today. Unfortunately for all of us, they moved to New Brunswick this year. We wish them much happiness!
• Thank you to John & Nancy Boyce who hosted a full moon lake walk. Unfortunately we could not get all three in due to weather conditions. I was fortunate to participate and it was a memorable night and a great opportunity to meet new neighbours on the lake! Special Thanks to Pete Crawford for plowing a path for us for this event.
• We were successful in still having a few contests; our 500 Facebook Likes contest, Beaver Ice Melting contest and Build Your Own Boat contest. A special thanks to Ann Shier for donating one of her encaustic paintings for a prize.
• MEMBERSHIP DUES: As we have not participated in or provided a lot of programs this year, the board has decided there will be no BBLCA membership fees collected for 2020. If you prepaid for this year, you will be credited for an additional year!
September 15, 2020