This is not a general email. It is only being sent to Big Bald Lake residents who are not currently members of the Big Bald Lake Cottagers' Association.
Our fiscal year is July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
We encourage you to renew your membership or become a member of the Big Bald Lake Cottagers' Association. We hope you like what the association has been doing on your behalf. We welcome your attendance at our events regardless of membership status.
Membership is required to attend and vote at our AGM, which we are planning for September or October.
What we do for our Community:
Our goal is to promote a sense of community through social events, the promotion of local businesses, and a shared responsibility for the Big Bald Lake environment.
We do this by:
- Organizing and offering contests and social events and providing welcome baskets to new residents
- Providing online resident directories
- Posting phosphorus and E.coli testing results each year and immediately notifying affected residents if E.coli results are high
- Monitoring, reporting and educating on local environmental issues
- Soliciting sponsorship, donations and advertising to keep costs low
- Providing regular communication through emails, website & Facebook
What we do with the Money:
- Social events, contests, prizes, welcome packages
- E.coli testing
- FOCA membership (Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Association)
- Insurance for the corporation
- Website domain, hosting & security (maintenance is done by a volunteer)
Electronic payment is preferable because of COVID.
How to Pay:
- E-Transfer through your on-line banking system to firstname.lastname@example.org (security question not required). The association does not incur any fees with this method, which helps us reduce costs.
- PayPal through our website
- Cheque - mail to the BBLCA
- 344 Elbow Point Rd, Buckhorn ON K0L 1J0
- Cheques are payable to:
- Big Bald Lake Cottager's Association
There are 1, 2 and 3 year membership fee options:
- 1 year - $35;
- 2 years - $70;
- 3 years - $100 ($5 savings)
All membership payments will be acknowledged. If the Membership Coordinator doesn't email an acknowledgement to you, please follow-up at email@example.com.