More and more studies are proving that the golden spice turmeric can effectively be used to replace or reduce the standard dose of hard drugs like non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS) and cortisones. If you aren’t paying attention to this news, both your horse and your pocketbook could be paying the price!
Turmeric has proven beneficial (in humans, horses and other animals) for treating the following conditions:
Additionally, Turmeric is showing promise as an effective treatment for both founder and uveitis - two of the most common ailments in horses. Click here for more information from Dr. Doug English.
- Skin Problems – promotes and speeds up wound healing; effectively treats many inflammatory skin conditions.
- Arthritis – alleviates pain and lessens constriction of movement.
- Immunity – builds resistance to infection, shortens virus activity and enhances the curative effects of some medicines.
- Cancer – proven to have positive effects on various types of cancer cells.
- Dementia – improves the activity level and socialization of dogs.
- Liver Detoxification – increases levels of glutathione in the liver, thus enhancing detoxification and elimination of harmful compounds.
The most important things to know when considering a turmeric product to feed your horses (or dogs or cats!) are:
- not all curcumin (the healing ingredient in turmeric) is created equal, and
- turmeric must be fed in combination with 2 other vital ingredients in order for its powerful healing potential to be unlocked by the body. These two vital ingredients are a healthy oil and black peppercorn.
Equitec’s Turmericle Powder (sold through Stance Equine USA) is specially formulated using high quality curcumin, Power Stance (powdered coconut oil) and ground black pepper.
Most horse owners prefer to feed natural supplements over pharmaceutical medications whenever possible, but many worry that the cost of products like Turmericle are too high and/or that there may be hidden side effects. The good news is that a wide variety of studies have now been completed proving the safety of turmeric supplementation for most horses. And, as you can see from the comparison below, not only are there far fewer potential side effects but the cost of supplementing with Turmericle Powder vs. Phenylbutazone is also less.
If you are interested in reading a wide variety of first-hand testimonials about the powerful healing properties of turmeric for animals and humans, join the Turmeric Users Group on Facebook.
Stance Equine USA is so excited about the natural advantages of using Turmericle Powder that we are pleased to offer a 15% introductory discount (one time use per customer, offer ends January 31, 2017) on any size pail of Turmericle or any size container of Golden Balm! This offer is good for online purchases only. Simply enter this code when asked for your coupon information: TU117.
Be sure to share comments, photos and/or video footage on Stance Equine USA's Facebook Page in the months ahead about your positive results!
Kim Hallin is an accomplished horse trainer specializing in humane methods that uphold the integrity of the horse. She loves to nurture the powerful bonds that can develop between people and animals. Kim recently launched Unbridled LLC, a business that brings humans and horses together in a collaborative learning process designed to enhance leadership and communication skills while developing greater overall self-awareness. Kim just joined our small team at Stance Equine USA as the Creative Director. To learn more about Kim, please go to http:// www.unbridled.guru