SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD 2017
- Special Recognition Award 2017
- Stray Dog Survey Report 2016
- Microchipping In The News
- Dates for Diaries (2017)
- ADCH 2016 Conference Sponsors
Due to its success, and to celebrate excellence in our field, the ADCH will once again invite nominations for it’s very own national ‘Special Recognition’ Award to recognise an individual who, in their on special way, has delivered exceptional impact to dogs, cats and/or the companion animal sector.
Keep a look out for the email which will issue shortly and contains the Nomination Form, criteria and closing date. Please circulate it within your organisations and encourage staff to nominate.
1. MEMBERSHIP FEES 2017
Membership Fees for 2017 will be frozen at this year’s level (Full membership will remain at £125+VAT; Associate at £40+VAT).
2. REGIONAL AWARD WINNER – TRISHA SHAW (Pawprints)
Pawprints Dog Rescue volunteer, Trisha Shaw, had no idea she’d been nominated for the ‘Britain Has Spirit’ regional award, that is not until the competition went national. The Pawprints team along with all national finalists were invited to the Awards Ceremony on 25 September. The Individuals Award – the last to be announced – saw Trisha secure the winning prize. Gabby Logan presented her with a cheque for £25,000 which she donated to Pawprints.
Anita Twigger, Pawprints’ founder said “Pawprints had always been Trisha's reason for driving the campaign and happily accepted the cheque for us. We are so incredibly grateful to her, her supporters and the people who took the time to vote for us
For the avoidance of doubt, the ‘Britain Has Spirit’ award is not an ADCH award.
STRAY DOG SURVEY REPORT 2016
The Dogs Trust commissions a survey of Local Authority Dog Wardens and Environmental Health Officers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland annually to investigate what happens to the UK’s stray dogs. The Report and its findings can be viewed via the attached link
MICROCHIPPING IN THE NEWS
- Sheffield Council fine dog owner £630 for failing to microchip her dog
We are delighted to inform you of two new Members to the Association:
- Oxfordshire Animal Sanctuary
- German Shepherd Rescue Scotland
Please encourage Rescues to join by directing them to the Membership section on the website (http://www.adch.org.uk/membership/adch-membership
). Membership is open to charities and not-for-profit organisations of all sizes, regardless of scale or turn-over.
DATES for DIARIES - 2017
Open Meetings, and the 2017 ADCH Conference are confirmed as follows:
ADCH CONFERENCE SPONSORS
- 2/3 February 2017 - hosted by The Mayhew, London
- 25 - 27 April 2017: AGM and 2017 ADCH Conference - in association with Birmingham Dogs Home
- 5/6 July 2017 - hosted by GSPCA
- 8/9 November 2017 - hosted by Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter
TECHNIK are the world leading British manufacturer of animal housing, veterinary and hydrotherapy equipment. We will work together to give every dog and cat a healthy and happy home.
Please contact David Newall at David@TECHNIKVet.com
or visit our website to share in our extensive experience when refurbishing or building new facilities.
Nisus offers 30% discount on all hardware options for ADCH members so if you are looking for new bins why not try a free evaluation?
Their Longopac waste management systems help to improve hygiene and safety, manage odour, reduce plastic wastage and significantly lower CO2
emissions compared to traditional plastic bags. It’s unique triple-ply formula makes Longopac very strong yet thin to touch. Waste can be sealed and removed immediately as it is created without wasting any plastic.
- This is your Newsletter so please do get in touch if you have anything to add, any stories you’d like to include, any feedback whatsoever. Any and all comments greatly received, send these directly to the Association Manager (Fabiola@adch.org.uk