MARS PETCARE - HOSTED WORKSHOP
- Mars Petcare-hosted Workshop
- Pedigree and Whiskas 'Feeding Brighter Futures' - 2017 Grant Scheme
- Open Meeting (and pre-Dinner), Thursday 17 November
- Member Benefits – FREE Fiprospot (for dogs and cats)
- Staffing updates
- Dates for Diaries (2016 and 2017)
- ADCH 2016 Conference Sponsors
On Thursday 29 September the very first ADCH Workshop Day, hosted by 2016 GOLD Sponsor Mars Petcare/Pedigree at their Melton Mowbray site, took place. Our thanks go to Andrew Winfrow and the Mars Petcare team who looked after us fantastically.
The Workshop Day was really well supported with approximately 50 attendees, representing 22 organisations, and it was great to see a number of new faces. Feedback has been very positive – in summary, the interactive format worked well and there's clearly an appetite across the membership for further Workshop events, with a number of ideas having been provided. Slides from the Workshop sessions are available on the Forum. Keep a look out for details of further Workshops in 2017.
"More workshops like this needed."
"Fantastic day, great talks, interactive and useful."
"More of the same please!"
"Excellent sessions, very informative."
"Great to meet other organisations and share experiences, best practice and knowledge."
PEDIGREE AND WHISKAS 'FEEDING BRIGHTER FUTURES' - 2017 GRANT SCHEME
Pedigree and Whiskas are proud to work with the ADCH - and offer exclusively to Full and Associate members
- the opportunity to apply for a Pedigree and Whiskas 'Feeding Brighter Futures' grant. We are delighted to announce that once again they will be offering £120,000 in grants and the Winners will be announced at the ADCH Conference in April. Cat rehoming centres will be eligible to apply for a grant of £5,000 and dog-rehoming centres for a grant of up to £20,000.
Like the ADCH, Pedigree and Whiskas look to continually improve standards of care through their grants and therefore have agreed that all those who have completed and submitted an ADCH Code of Practice Assessment Form, carried out via either a self or an external assessment, will be eligible to submit their applications. If you are unsure whether you have completed an Assessment, please contact the ADCH Secretary directly.
Grants are only available for projects relating to dogs and cats. Please be aware that applications to fund staff, individual events and vehicles will not be considered. Please contact the Association Manager (Fabiola@adch.org.uk
) to request copies of the Grant Application Form.
The deadline for completed applications is Tuesday 28 February 2017
and these must be sent directly to Andrew Winfrow (Address: Mars Petcare Ltd, Freeby Lane, Waltham on the Wolds, Leics LE14 4RS). Any queries should also be directed to Andrew (Mob: 07831 673248; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN MEETING (and pre-Dinner) – Thursday 17 November
The next ADCH Open Meeting will take place on Thursday 17 November and is being hosted by the Blue Cross in Suffolk.
The theme for the meeting is "Animal Intake" and the programme includes speakers covering:
- Shelter metrics: How many animals should you have in your rescue centre? The importance of throughput and getting animal occupancy right.
- Section One dogs: What are the operational and legal requirements? What is the future of Breed Specific Legislation and is there anything members can do to change it?
In addition, the full results of the 2016 Members' Survey will be shared and there will be a comprehensive update on relevant legislation.
As usual there will be a pre-meeting Dinner (on the evening of Wednesday 16 November) and the chance to network, build contacts and swap ideas over coffee and lunch. There is also the chance to tour the new Blue Cross Centre.
We do hope you will be able to join us. Please read the details carefully and also note the booking deadlines that apply If you have missed the email and or programme - please click here
MEMBER BENEFITS - FREE FIPROSPOT (flea treatment for dogs and cats)
... and yet another amazing Member benefit secured by working with our friends at Ceva – and even more amazing, it's completely FREE!
You'll hopefully have seen the Special Bulletin giving details of a large stock of short-dated FIPROSPOT
. Anyone wanting to know more about or wishing to take up the offer, please get in touch with the Association Manager (Fabiola@adch.org.uk
) by Friday 4 November to her know how many boxes of each product they would like.
The product, FIPROSPOT
, is a flea and tick treatment for dogs and cats. NOTE – FIPROSPOT
does not cover lungworm (click here for information leaflet
). In extending this offer, the ADCH are not recommending or endorsing the product and Members must satisfy themselves that the product contains everything they want.
We received lots of excellent applications for the Relationship Manager
position. A panel of Management Committee members will now invite applicants to attend interview on Friday 11 November, and the successful candidate will commence the role in January 2017. This is a truly exciting and pivotal new role and the primary objective of the Relationship Manager is to engage directly and continually with you, our members, to ensure you get the best from your membership and the Association and to help you with wider queries on almost anything you might want to ask about.
Association Manager, Fabiola Wardle
. Fabiola continues working with us, taking on additional responsibilities on top of the Conference for the management of the Association, the growing administration and she'll also write and publish the Newsletters. The only thing that's changed is her title – no longer Conference Manager, now Association Manager.
DATES for DIARIES - 2016
DATES for DIARIES - 2017
- 16th/17th November 2016 – November Open Meeting, hosted by Blue Cross, Suffolk
Open Meetings, and the 2017 ADCH Conference are confirmed as follows:
ADCH CONFERENCE SPONSORS
- 2nd/3rd February 2017 - hosted by The Mayhew, London
- 25th-27th April 2017: AGM and 2017 ADCH Conference - in association with Birmingham Dogs Home
- 5th/6th July 2017 - hosted by GSPCA
- 8th/9th November 2017 - hosted by Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter
We are looking for partners who share our belief that cat's and dog's come first.
The ROYAL CANIN® Rescue Partnership provides continued support to your Rescue Centre. Our services include a dedicated team which offers educational, technical and scientific support.
We reward your continued support with loyalty points which will accumulate when you purchase food and successfully recommend new owners. Points can be redeemed on a full range of ROYAL CANIN® branded items, including bags of food.'
If you would like more information about the partnership please call Sian on 07718 563150.
Provide expert care with Safe4 disinfectant cleaner – the only veterinary sector product with DEFRA approval against three notified orders.
NEW MEMBERS ALWAYS WELCOME
- Kind to animals – even when wet!
- NO harmful phenols, aldehydes or alcohol
- NON-toxic, NON-staining, NON-irritant
- Environment friendly
- Manufactured & efficacy tested in the UK
- Please encourage Rescues to join by directing them to the Membership section on the website (http://www.adch.org.uk/membership/adch-membership
- This is your Newsletter so please do get in touch if you have anything to add, any stories you'd like to include, any feedback whatsoever. Any and all comments greatly received, send these directly to the Association Manager (Fabiola@adch.org.uk