|This afternoon Avon and Somerset Police have sent the following information about an attempted burglary, coronavirus scams and closure of police stations.
Attempted Burglary in Residential Garage.
A garage in Downend Road, Puriton has been the subject of an attempted burglary on the 24th overnight. The offender had pulled the electronic door from its runners, damaged a metal strip and caused a dent all of which will require repairs, however entry had not been gained and nothing has been stolen.
If you contact the Police about this incident, please call 101 & quote Reference number: 5220069020 or Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111
Coronavirus Fraud Scams
Avon & Somerset Police Press Office have released information regarding recent online Fraud and Scam activity relating to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
The likely scams are discussed in the document below:
Police Enquiry Offices & Reporting Issues.
The majority of police enquiry offices across the force area have been closed in a bid to reduce the spread of coronavirus. Four of them will remain open seven days a week, but should only be used if absolutely essential. Anyone displaying coronavirus symptoms or self-isolating should follow Government advice and stay at home and report matters for the police through our website instead.
The only one open in our area is the Bridgwater Police Centre at Express Park.
- Please only call 999 in an emergency. If you need to call our 101 service, please consider whether you can report online instead via our online reporting tools.
- Visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for links to all the latest news on policing services.
- Visit GOV.UK to read the Government’s advice on COVID-19.
- See Government advice for staying at home, for households with possible COVID-19 infectionand social distancing to protect vulnerable groups.
- Visit the NHS website for hygiene advice and advice on calling 111 and for advice on mental health, visit the Every Mind Matters website.