Aims and Objectives:
- To introduce an approach to effective treatment planning which will increase the knowledge and understanding of practitioners.
- To discuss treatment planning for a variety of cases.
- Be able to examine, diagnose and treatment plan for a patient presenting with tooth wear.
- Be able to use established principles to result in aesthetic, functional and predictable treatment.
This course falls into GDC CPD Outcomes A and C
- To give practitioners a better understanding to diagnose and treatment plan dental care for their patients. Practitioners will be able to relate to similar cases in their own clinical practice.
- To understand the management of localised vs generalised tooth wear including the Dahl concept.
- To understand the aetiology, pathogenesis and management of tooth surface loss.
NB: A mandate holder is a GDP with a list number within Greater Glasgow & Clyde who has completed a voluntary levy mandate to contribute to the activities of the LDC via contributions from their schedule