Help AC Meet its Fundraising Goal!
We're Almost There!
Dear AC Family and Friends,
Thank you to the many families who have made generous contributions to AC this school year! Your financial donations have helped to fund field trips, much needed computer equipment for AC students, a document camera, personal development for our AC teachers, books for literature classes, a lovely annual AC graduation event for AC seniors and so much more. We are grateful for the support of AC families!
Last fall, the Berkeley High School Development Group sent you a request to donate to the BHSDG general fund. If you haven't donated already, please consider making a directed donation to AC through the BHSDG, in addition to a gift to the general fund
. We have not yet met our fundraising goal of $20,000. If nearly all AC families would give what they can - $20, $50, $100, $250 or $500 - we can reach our goal! No donation is too small or too large, and all will be greatly appreciated!
Contributions directed to AC allow the program to more specifically identify and fund its needs quickly. AC can and does ask the BHSDG for grant funding for some needs, but there are many competing requests for those school-wide funds.
Why should I give to both
AC and BHSDG?
A gift to the BHS Development Group supports programs that benefit all BHS students, including:
- After-school tutoring for all students in multiple subjects
- Classroom Grants for all teachers
- College and Career Center
- Annual College Fair for BHS Juniors
- Daily Planners for all students
Contributions to the entire school (BHSDG) are critical, and those contributions are used to support programs that benefit all students and many other key areas, as described in the recent annual report that was mailed to all BHS families. Read report at: http://bhsdg.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AnnualReport2016_10.10.pdf
HOW TO DONATE:
1. Write a check—payable to BHS Development Group—then write on the memo line how to divide your donation (some fraction to AC and the rest to BHSDG) or add a note, and send to the BHSDG at:
P.O. Box 519
Berkeley CA 94701
2. Donate via credit card—Go to the BHSDG web site: http://bhsdg.org/wp/give/
Under the PayPal™ logo on the left, (Please note there will be a 3% service charge for online donations)
Thank you very much for your continued support of BHS and the Academic Choice program!
- Type in AC in the box beneath "Donate to the BHSDG Annual Fund (other designation optional)"
- Then click the “Donate” tab, and then enter your payment information. After it's been verified, the confirmation page lists your "Shipping Address" and, if you want to provide any further instructions, click on the "Add" link on the "Special instructions (optional)" line.