Happy New Year!
For the past 15 months, Team SKINNY has educated, inspired, humored, and stretched your knowledge of the weekly Torah reading, Jewish holidays, and other tidbits of what you need-to-know to be in-the-know on all things Jewish. With thousands of subscribers around the globe, THE JEWISH SKINNY 1.0 has been wildly successful! We took you on a journey through the weekly Torah reading to inform and influence your daily life so that your aspirations can incentivize and motivate your life’s path.
Along the way, we appreciated ALL the SKINNY chat you sent us. Your comments, compliments, entertaining questions, and reflections motivated all of us at Team SKINNY. We listened and reflected too, which led us to our new focus on peeling back the layers that live underneath the weekly Torah readings. Introducing THE JEWISH SKINNY 2.0. You will find us in your inbox on Sunday evenings, rather than Wednesday mornings, since that’s when busy SKINNIES prepare for the week ahead, plan, check, and re-check all of our to-do lists.
Team SKINNY thinks there are 3 key pillars to a great human being:
- The Individual: Love who you are. Be your own leader. Be unique.
- The Family: Our families are our teams and our support structures. Families give and receive unconditional love. They’re the peeps who’ve got our backs!
- The Community: Our village that we give to and receive from. It’s what grounds us in something bigger.
The Torah is the instruction manual to build these pillars! Imagine a weekly Jewish toolbox for living each day at your greatest potential. THE JEWISH SKINNY 2.0 is your moment to learn one (or more) new Jewish things.
We’ve given THE JEWISH SKINNY a tune up! The toolbox will feature new headings, however the formatting will remain. The tweaks will make the read even more fun, engaging, and interactive. Our biggest subscriber group is millennial moms (although we LOVE all our SKINNY readers!) They’ve been animated in their desire for more quick, drop-off/pick-up “Knuggets of Knowledge” to share with their kids.
In SKINNY 2.0:
- We’ll give you “One Good Jewish Question” to ask your kids each week.
- We’ll tempt your Jewish palate with cultural foods and we’ll instruct Jewish Maker Moments and projects.
- We’ll bookmark books for all ages to help you create a Jewish library.
- We’ll showcase Jewish non-profits and unravel the responsibility of Tzedakah at its roots.
- We’ll keep you up-to-date on Jewish museum exhibits and music and film festivals.
- We’ll do Shabbat, Holidays, and “Keep Kosher Kool.”
- We’ll interview Jewish influencers, personalities and spiritual advisors.
- We’ll have conversations about Jewish topics.
And this is just the beginning...