In This Issue...
- Disney Fundraiser Starts TODAY! Takes less than 5 minutes to setup!
- Note about Recycle Day
Many of you have asked for easy fundraisers to help with the cost of Disney and we have found one! We came across an easy “Calendar Fundraiser” that has been successful for other groups and we’ve decided to give it a try! We encourage everyone (parents and students) to post multiple places so that people have more days to pick from! You’ll see what we mean….
Step-by-step instructions for this weekend:
1. Post the “Mickey” calendar image
2. Add the following text and link:
In April 2022, my son/daughter is traveling to Walt Disney World to march down Main Street for the 50th Anniversary parade! After a year of such hard times and limited travel, we’d be so grateful if you could help contribute to offset the cost of the trip for these students.
Thank you so much for supporting the Lassiter High School Marching Band!
- Choose any date(s) on the calendar (the 1st is $1, the 20th is $20)
- Pay via the PayPal link. If you could also pay the convenience fee that would be helpful! https://paypal.me/lbbaorg?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
- Post a comment to let us know which dates you are taking!
3. What happens next:
People choose which date they would like to donate. Example- Grandma chooses November 30th and uses the PayPal link provided to pay $30. People are free to pick more than one day. Grandma can pick Nov. 1st and Nov. 30th if she wants! As people choose dates, you can post and let others know what is taken and what is still available until you fill all of the dates. If your calendar fills up fast, feel free to post a new one!
4. Any questions?
Please contact Lisa and Kristin at email@example.com.
Pretty simple, right? You can start posting this weekend and continue throughout the month of November. All money collected will be sent to Super Holiday (just like the car wash) and the final payment will be adjusted.
Thank you in advance for taking part and helping the band get to Disney!
Note about Recycle Day - Nov. 6th
This is a BIG PLEA from your Co-Presidents for help next Saturday. We need this fundraiser to help with operational costs of the band program. Many spots are still available for adults and students. Please encourage your student to sign up (service hours!) and if you could spare an hour or two anytime between 7:30am - 2pm we would appreciate it! We are all busy, but in the spirit of volunteerism that benefits ALL the students, we are hoping you can spare some time for the band. Without these fundraisers we will have to raise band fees for next year.
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
Parent Remind Texts
Text the appropriate code to 81010
This email Blast:
|| Remind Code
Sign up using this form:
Band Directors: Directors@lbba.org
Oct 28, Trunk or Treat
Oct 29 & 30, Craft Fair
Nov 6, Recycle Day
Dec 2, Winter Concert
Synchronizing the Band Calendar:
Google Calendar Sync and Android Phones
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. (Calendar.Google.com)
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided:
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch "Accounts & Passwords"
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch "Add Account"
- On the Add Account screen, touch "Other"
- Under Calendars, touch "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch "Save" to save the subscription.