In This Issue...
- Banquet Details
- Fall Trip Announcements
- Summer & Fall Calendar - Important Change
- Seniors - Check Garment Bags in Bandroom
- Marching Band Registration Extended to May 13
- Concert Uniform Collection - Important!
- The LBBA Board Needs Help!
- Disney Photos and Photos Throughout Year
THANK YOU to our banquet team for making this event possible - Julie Lahti, Emilie Barry, Valerie Phillips and Rosalyn Dunn. We appreciate you so much!
- Saturday, May 14th @ 6pm in the Old Gym
- No Cost or Ticket Needed to Attend.
- Not just for Seniors and their families. All students and families welcome.
- Other awards will be given, not just for Seniors.
- This will be more of an awards ceremony. No food due to the lack of volunteers needed for the amount of setup we would have to do and cost.
- Most students/parents wear "Sunday Best"
- This is the format of last year's award ceremony and it was a special evening for all in attendance.
Fall Trip Announcement
You may have noticed a "possible competition trip" on the Fall calendar. We are in the planning stages to make this happen. Below is a sample itinerary from a similar trip, information and cost estimate. This was a very popular trip for students in recent years.
- Dates: Friday, October 21st - Monday, October 24th
- Destination: Tampa, FL
- Event: Band will compete in a competition, followed by a day at Busch Gardens
- Cost Estimate: $500 per student. This is NOT included in Marching Band Fees
- How to Lower Your Student's Cost: fundraising opportunities
- Discount Cards
- Charleston Wrap (students send link to friends/family)
- Peach Skin Sheets (students send link to friends/family)
- Band will have a car wash in early August
- Super Holidays will be our tour operator and will handle payment collection in installments.
- Sample Itinerary from previous trip https://lassiterbands.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/LASSITER-ITINERARY-TAMPA-2015.pdf
- Detailed information will be forthcoming.
- Questions? Please email email@example.com
Summer & Fall Calendar - Important Change
The synced calendar has been updated with all recent changes. Please check the instructions at the bottom of the blast to sync your calendar.
The calendar link below does not reflect a few recent changes. If you print and display the calendar at home, please make the following changes:
- Chop Shop for Percussion on May 19th will now be May 18th
- Middle School Camp is May 31 - June 3 from 9-3
- East Cobber Parade has been CANCELLED by the organizers of the event. They were not able to secure enough sponsors so the entire event has been cancelled. Originally scheduled for Sept. 17th.
Seniors - Check Garment Bags in Bandroom
Several seniors left their garment bags in the bandroom. They are hanging up on the rack. If you want to keep yours, please grab it. Any remaining will be donated to the uniform closet.
Marching Band Registration Extended to May 13th.
Last call for marching band registration! Secure your student's spot in the Fall marching show. Returning members MUST complete a registration form to ensure we have accurate information. https://lassiterbands.org/registration-marching/
Concert Uniform Collection - Important!
All students should have returned their concert uniforms. If not, please make sure this is done by this Friday. Tux shirt, bowties, cummerbunds, necklaces are yours to keep for next season.
The LBBA Board Needs Help!
- Senior Trojan Heads and Bricks Committee Chairperson(s) - need a Chairperson(s) to oversee the Senior Trojan Heads and Bricks Committee! Sandy Pittman has done a fantastic job over the years and will be "graduating" this May. Low time commitment - Trojan Heads in the Fall and Brick installation in the spring!
- Signup Genius - do you know how to use Signup Genius? We need a Chairperson to head up our Volunteer Committee. Each time we have a event and need volunteers, you will be given the dates, times, number of people needed and you create the signup. Easy and you can do it from home!
- Discount Card/Restaurant Night Help - our current Committee Chairperson needs an extra set of hands to make phone calls to businesses to renew on our discount cards, send information to printer, help distribute cards to students during band camp. For Restaurant Nights - coordinate dates with existing restaurants throughout the school year.
- Ways and Means - need two people to head up this committee. Oversee current (not run) fundraising events, come up with new ways to raise funds. This role is critical for lowering band fees.
- Videography - need person to head up this committee. Goal is to form a committee of a several parents to take video of band events, practices, competitions, etc.
- Webmaster - website is currently sitting on Wordpress platform. We need a volunteer to occasionally make change/additions to the site.
- All of these positions serve on the LBBA Board. If you would be willing to serve, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disney Photos and Photos Throughout Year
Disney photos captured by students and chaperones: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1gdFEDm7j9h5a59t6
Photos taken by our photography committee throughout the year (password Lbba):
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
Parent Remind Texts
Text the appropriate code to 81010
This email Blast:
|| Remind Code
Sign up using this form:
Band Directors: Directors@lbba.org
Apr 30 Recycle Day 9-1
May 6 Fall Registration Deadline
May 6 Spring Concert 7pm
May 14 Band Banquet 6:00
Synchronizing the Band Calendar:
Google Calendar Sync and Android Phones
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. (Calendar.Google.com)
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided:
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch "Accounts & Passwords"
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch "Add Account"
- On the Add Account screen, touch "Other"
- Under Calendars, touch "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch "Save" to save the subscription.